3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Germany Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Come join our highly talented team at Ververica, and work with amazing colleagues on problems and products that change how companies do data processing, analytics, and applications.
We are the original creators of Apache Flink, the open source unified batch/stream processing system that powers applications in all types of companies, from tech giants like Alibaba, Amazon, and Netflix, to traditional enterprises like banks and telcos. We contribute heavily to Apache Flink, while building enterprise-grade products on top of Flink.
Become part of one of the largest and most active open source communities and do work that has a visible impact. Connect with users around the world, and contribute to bleeding-edge tech, or be an advocate for new approaches to long-standing problems.
For our DevOps positions, we are looking for talented intermediates with 2 to 6 years experience in this field. We seek folks that have a strong aptitude for keeping systems - some of them data-intensive - running, and that want to take the opportunity to grow as engineers in our teams.
This position is for you if you love maintaining and operating systems of all kinds, bring strong programming fundamentals, and are excited about the opportunities of open source. You don't need to already be an expert in data-intensive systems; you bring the talent and passion, and we supply the environment for learning the rest. The open source field is an amazing place to connect with users and other developers and get visibility for your work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer (and colleague) service
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (IT experience can substitute for a BS degree)
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes
- Familiarity with agile software development in Java
- Experience administering and deploying development CI/CD tools such as Git, Jira, GitLab, or Jenkins
- Significant experience with Linux operating system environments
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell or Python
- Working on bleeding-edge technology in unified data processing (batch/streaming), event-driven applications, data intensive systems, and machine learning. You will be part of shaping the direction of the data stream processing space.
- Being part of an international team of talented developers.
- Working on open source and closed source products.
- Getting mentoring to support growing as a developer.
- Getting support to become an active member of the Apache Flink open source community.
- Optionally: Presenting work at conferences, meetups, or via articles.
- Collaborating with and supporting open source users through open source channels.
- Working with and supporting supporting customers.
- Developing and maintaining mission-critical information extraction, analysis, and management systems.
- Participating in architecture and software development activities.
- Translating loosely defined requirements into solutions.
- Using open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
- Using coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
- Collaborating with others on the project to brainstorm about the best way to tackle complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problems.
- Performing incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
- Providing internal and external infrastructure to both our customers and your team.
- A distributed team: Some developers work remotely, others work in the office in Berlin. Collaboration with other teams across EU, US, China.
We know that innovation thrives in product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. We’d love to hear how you bring something unique and valuable to our teams.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈