Database Reliability Engineer (DBRE)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Establish with the CTO a strategy for bringing geo-partitioning of the data and ensuring the scalability of the system in a hyper-growth environment.
- Develop processes and automation for optimizing database security around our customers private and confidential information (e.g. access, secrets, encryption at rest).
- Solve problems relating to mission-critical services with a focus on using automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions and building better technologies vs. manual resolution
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors, including participating in an on-call rotation and available for on-call support as needed.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
- Work internally with and support our Data team and get exposure to Data Engineering and Data Science, recommending or implementing emerging database technologies, tools and techniques.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- The ability to build, configure, and manage clusters of relational and non-relational Databases.
- The ability to evaluate performance of database systems and propose optimisation strategies (caching mechanisms, execution plan optimisation)
- Knowledge and familiarity with Postgres/Aurora is a must, Redshift is a plus. Prior experience with horizontally scalable databases is a great plus (CockroachDB, TiDB, Cassandra, etc).
- High level of autonomy, discipline, and willingness to learn
- Python or Golang skills, or a strong desire to improve your coding ability, infrastructure-as-code (Terraform), GitOps, CI/CD
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes, and Ansible
- Ability to work collaboratively with a cross-cultural team
- Ability to express your ideas clearly, mostly written, and defend them if need be
- Curiosity and interest in fintech and the cryptocurrency space is a plus
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈