Data Center - Senior Systems Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Europe Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Synergy Sports, the single source for computer vision, AI-driven video and data solutions for sports, seeks a talented Senior Systems Engineer to join our fully remote engineering team.
This position offers tremendous opportunities to work with the only company that delivers on-demand professional-level basketball, baseball, and hockey analytics linked to supporting video to nearly 1500 pro teams, international, and college teams. Our systems are highly complex and contain petabytes of data and video requiring extremely talented engineers to maintain the scale and efficiency of its products.
Synergy’s work environment is geographically distributed, with employees working from home offices. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a virtual office using online collaboration tools for all communication and interaction in English.
We are a globally distributed team and we work on an asynchronous model with flexibility of when and where you want to perform your job, while still being able to attend team calls and regular meetings. Personal initiative and a strong work ethic are highly encouraged and rewarded.
The company is deadline driven and provides a very transparent freedom and responsibilities culture to all our teams. We strongly believe striking the balance between work and family is very important and our culture is focused on the well being of our team and their loved ones.
Note: This is a fully remote job and your physical location can be anywhere in Europe.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Synergy’s online sports data and video delivery solutions supporting systems such as:
- Linux/Windows Servers
- PBs of storage including SAN/NAS/DAS
- Automation using Puppet
- Monitoring tools (Opsview, Splunk, ELK, NewRelic)
- Cloud Infrastructure AWS/Azure
- Video encoding equipment
- Juniper, Pulse Secure and Sophos Networking Equipment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- 5+ Years of experience with the following:
- Linux (Redhat or Debian)
- Windows Server
- Networking (Switches/Firewalls)
- Storage (Direct Attached or SAN)
2+ Years Experience with the following:
- Automation Puppet, Chef or Scripting
- Hands on experience working in a data center.
- Security Best Practices (Active Directory, Networking etc.
- Cloud based identity solutions
- Windows Clustering
- Linux Clustering
- Logging ELK or Splunk
- Geo Load balancing or DR failover
- Containers (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Load balancing (F5 or NGINX or HA Proxy)
- Work remotely on a fully distributed and asynchronous team.
- Big problems, massive impact. We’re working on big scalability challenges and our flat structure means individuals have an incredible amount of impact on everything they touch.
- A-players only. Join our team of best-in-class engineers to disrupt the sports industry and learn, share and grow with great peers on a daily basis.
- A culture geared towards innovation and experimentation. From Deep learning and Computer vision to Kubernetes and the latest cloud technologies.
- Competitive salary based on your experience.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈