Cyber Security Engineer
Global Data Systems
2 months ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Cyber Security Engineer (Contractor)
Global Data Systems (GDS) is seeking professional, quality focused, independent contractors (1099). The Cybersecurity position is responsible for safeguarding the network of any unauthorized activities or threats. This position requires experience in IT Security with a proven track record of success.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analyzing and/or administering security controls for project information systems
• Safeguarding the networks against unauthorized infiltration, modification, destruction, or disclosure
• Researching, evaluating, testing, recommending, communicating, and implementing new security software applications, hardware, and telecommunications.
• Managing the company's firewalls and intrusion detection systems
• Providing information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration, or denial of access to information
• Assisting current IT staff professionals with extraneous tasks as needed
• Assisting the Field Engineering team with extraneous tasks as needed
• Keeping track of all procurement and costs associated with various security projects and tasks
- Associates degree (or equivalent certifications with experience) in IT/networking and or InfoCyber Security
- Minimum of 5 years of networking and networking security experience
- Minimum of 5 years of NOC, SOC, or Data Center experience in an operational role.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of network attack tactics, attack signatures, defense countermeasures, vulnerability management, log analysis, and incident response.
- Expertise with security technologies (IDS, IPS, FW, AV, Proxies, DLP, PKI, SSL/TLS, SSL visibility, VPN, routing, and switching)
- SIEM Experience (preferably Alienvault) and SOAR experience (preferably Siemplify)
- More In-depth training and familiarity with Cisco security platforms (ASA, Sourcefire/Firepower, AMP, ISE, Stealthwatch, Umbrella, Ironport)
- Two or more of the following certifications or equivalents required:
- o Any of the GIAC Certs (GCIH, GISF, GCIA, GCTI, GCDA)
- o Any of the Ecouncil certs (CEH, ECSA, CNDA, ECIH, CHFI)
- o CCNA Cyber Ops
- o CCNP Security
- o CompTIA
- Maintain current knowledge of tools and best-practices in advanced persistent threats; tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) of attackers; and forensics and incident response
This is a contracted position with out a set date of time needed. There is the potential of transitioning into a permanent employment role.
**All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈