Curriculum Developer - Kubernetes
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Poland only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Mirantis is the fastest way to modern apps, providing containers-as-a-service at enterprise scale. The company uses a unique as-a-service model to deliver Kubernetes and related open source software, empowering developers to build, share and run their applications anywhere - from public cloud to hybrid cloud to the edge. Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Liberty Mutual, PayPal, Reliance Jio, Splunk, STC, Vodafone, and Volkswagen. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.
Mirantis is adding a Curriculum Developer to our team! The Mirantis Global Learning Services team is focused on turning that extensive field experience into meaningful and effective learning experiences for students. As a Technical Curriculum Developer on that team, your primary focus is to empower our customers to be successful in adopting our products by creating highly effective and inspirational training experiences. This is an opportunity to deepen your technical, instructional design, and content development skills.
You’ll be responsible for designing, creating, and maintaining a portfolio of courses targeted for the IT Operations and Developer audiences using the latest in open cloud technologies including Docker containers, Kubernetes orchestration, microservices, CI/CD, among others. You’ll also be keeping pace with emerging requirements from the product, customers, and partners to ensure all current training course content is up-to-date. You will work with a highly technical team that collaborates daily on activities but also enjoy a high degree of ownership over your curriculum portfolio.
Key Outcomes for this Role:
- Mirantis’ curriculum is highly relevant and effective for cloud administrators and developers.
- The curriculum is consistently updated to reflect changes in Mirantis products, upstream technologies, and industry trends.
- Customer requirements and ongoing feedback is regularly captured, understood, and incorporated into our offerings.
- Develop technical enablement content that speaks to a portfolio of related technologies.
- Work closely with stakeholder teams to understand training content needs and build technically accurate content that meets the learning objectives of new and existing users.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to identify and research the requirements of role-based curriculums.
- Rapidly deliver content and iterate on it in short, agile scrums.
- Launch new content and programs, as required.
- Take a hands-on approach to learning relevant technologies and prevailing use cases.
- Apply instructional design techniques, best practices, and adult learning theory in designing self-paced courses.
- Roll-up your sleeves to drive projects to completion in an environment with competing deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Prior teaching experience is a plus
- 2+ years working in a fast-paced technical environment. Prior startup experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of Kubernetes and containerization experience
- 2+ years of experience in designing technical coursewares, emphasizing hands-on and activity-driven learning.
- Comfortable with the bash command line and linux environments.
- Proficient with Kubernetes and containerization.
- Proficient with CSS, HTML, and ReStructured Text.
- Proficient with Git/GitHub for version control.
- OpenStack experience an optional plus.
- Prior experience developing highly technical courseware that emphasizes hands-on learning. An ideal candidate should be able to easily translate highly complex technical concepts into engaging activities and easily accessible language.
- Enthusiasm for personally becoming a subject matter expert in the technologies in your portfolio.
- Comfort working with geographically distributed teams and organizing your own time and goals to meet high-level objectives.
- Ability to confidently speak to software application development or IT operations needs and challenges in large-scale enterprises.
- Strong sense of empathy for and ownership of the learner experience.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
What does Mirantis offer you?
- Work with an established leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with a strong benefits plan.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Poland only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈