Cloud Level Two Technician
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
SquareTrade is the fastest growing company of its kind. We’re revolutionizing a $30b industry with service innovation and attention to customer satisfaction. We partner with some of the largest, most sophisticated retailers and carriers in the world (Walmart, Target, Amazon, Costco, and T-Mobile to name a few), consistently win industry awards, have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews… and we’re just getting started. A member of the Allstate family, SquareTrade has headquarters in San Francisco and London.
The SquareTrade Cloud Level 2 Technician will be responsible for providing remote support for all activities related to Microsoft CSP and product stack cloud technologies, including hybrid support of various local servers and operating systems for SquareTrade clients. This individual must have a thorough understanding of how to best leverage and resolve issues with cloud infrastructure and Microsoft 365 and Office 365 technology gained through hands-on technical experience. The ideal candidate will have extensive on-premise, virtualized and cloud infrastructure experience, and hold at least one (1) current Microsoft certification in cloud technologies (e.g. Microsoft 365 and/or Azure IaaS).
This is a client-facing role, with a major focus on support of SquareTrade “White Glove” issue triage and remediation engagements. The role will also assist regularly in supporting Cloud Level 1 engineers in their customer troubleshooting efforts, and professional and technical development through ongoing mentoring and guidance.
The individual in this role will be exposed to leading and emerging virtualization and cloud based technology including Office 365, Microsoft 365, Windows 10 Enterprise, Enterprise Mobility + Security, Azure Active Directory, Azure IaaS, and other emerging cloud technologies in vendor product portfolio stacks. The role will also support legacy systems and services in a hybrid environment to coexist with various cloud technologies.
What You'll Be Doing...
- Work with customers and vendors to provide issue and open ticket support of new and existing cloud platforms (Office 365, Microsoft 365, Windows 10 Enterprise, Enterprise Mobility + Security, Azure Active Directory, Azure IaaS, other emerging cloud technologies)
- Assist with design and support of client cloud and on premise infrastructure strategies and products in a consultative capacity
- Provide deep subject matter expertise in virtual server technology to resolve technical issues, consulting, and remote client support
- Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction and provide a very high level of support to achieve customer satisfaction (CSAT) and net promoter scores (NPS) with a goal of consistent >= 90’s for these scores
- Track and create detailed reports on work time and activities to management via SalesForce ticketing system and through regular communication with team leadership
- Deliver technology advisory and implementation solutions that maximize business value from IT investments that come to light during regular case work with clients
- Remain up to date on emerging cloud and infrastructure technologies through work and personal training and certification endeavors
- Assist in developing functional designs, processes, training, and definition of support procedures for department and team peer use
- Assist in the development of workflow, process, and technical documentation for operations runbook inclusion around best practices regarding cloud infrastructure, virtualization, and computing processes as requested
On an as needed basis:
- Review operations and business requirements for projects pertaining to server infrastructure with all project teams, management and client services groups for deployment and ongoing operations
- Support the cloud team’s work with alliances and vendors to deliver exceptional value to our clients
- Assist with Level 1 technician workload tasks when needed and applicable in a team support capacity
You're Our Ideal Candidate If...
- Current Microsoft Certification in at least one (1) cloud technology (e.g. Microsoft 365 and/or Azure IaaS).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as you will be interfacing with clients
- Ability to manage and document time and activity without immediate supervision
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and case assignments
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience in a diverse cloud support environment
- 3+ years of client facing technical experience
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies within the Microsoft Cloud product stack
- Discipline to work in a fast paced and organizationally complex environment
- Able to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies to lead and manage workflow
- Possess strong knowledge of cloud based, on premise and virtualization technologies
- Possess technical curiosity, including exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Experience identifying gaps in peer skill base and offer professional guidance to strengthen the team technically
- Knowledge of governance best practices and experience applying these to solve client problems
- Deployment and operational expertise across all Windows platforms
- Familiarity with public / private cloud computing environments based on Microsoft,, Google, AWS and other platforms
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Security, Public / Private DNS, Microsoft IIS and ActiveSync
- Flexibility to work outside regularly scheduled work shift as needed to cover peer time off, extended issue duration remediation efforts, and holidays
Home Office Requirements...
- High Speed Internet access
- Quiet and private workspace
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts, including nights and weekends.
- Dedicated Landline line – No VoIP
- Individuals currently using VoIP (e.g. Bright house, Vonage, Magic Jack) as a service provider cannot be considered due to system incompatibility
Some of the benefits of working @Squaretrade include:
- Not feeling stuck! This team has exposure to many different parts of the business, making transitioning easy...we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- Competitive salaries, Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), PTO, 401k matching
- Respect for your work-life balance
- A paid volunteer day to give back to the community
The Team: http://www.squaretrade.com/leadership
SquareTrade is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background check, which includes a drug screen.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈