Cloud infrastructure engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe
Salary: £46k to £55k
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Your role: You will be a key figure within our small, but growing, engineering team. This is an integral role in our growth plan, and you will help shape the future of our infrastructure, as well as our build, deployment and monitoring processes. You will have autonomy to improve the day-to-day operation of a mature, well-tested application used by thousands of people every month.
This role will be up to 100% remote with the option to work from our office in Edinburgh when restrictions are lifted. For remote engineers, working on GMT +/- 2h timezone is required.
Your profile: We are seeking self-motivated people to join our engineering team — and the infrastructure team in particular, bringing with them solid technical skills and the desire to build highly resilient, performant and durable cloud architecture.
The correct candidate needs to possess a strong demonstrable background as an infrastructure engineer (or similar role involving infrastructure responsibility), including:
- Several years experience building and maintaining infrastructure for modern web applications
- Extensive knowledge of cloud infrastructure, especially AWS
- Being comfortable in an environment where all changes are made via infrastructure-as-code (we use Terraform)
- Experience with APM (we use Datadog)
- Experience in building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Effective communication with technical and non-technical people
- Attention to detail; you believe if a job is worth doing, it’s worth doing right
- A commitment to documenting technical decisions and features
- A security-minded approach to everything they do
- A passion for automating repetitive tasks
Bonus points for having experience with the following technologies:
- Hashicorp Vault and Consul
- GitHub Actions
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈