1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: EU only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Nordcloud is a European leader in cloud implementation, application development, managed services and training. It's a recognised cloud-native pioneer with a proven track record helping organisations leverage public cloud in a way that balances quick wins, immediate savings and sustainable value.As well as partnering with VMware, Nordcloud is triple-certified across Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services – and is featured in Gartner's Magic Quadrant. Nordcloud has 10 European hubs, over 500 employees and has delivered over 1,000 successful cloud projects for companies ranging from mid-size to large corporates. IBM announced its acquisition of Nordcloud on December 21, 2020.
When you join Nordcloud you become part of a rapidly growing organization, where you will set your career on track for outstanding achievement within a company, which knows no limits. Our customers are well known enterprises, that are seeking to be a part of #TheCloudRevolution and benefit from ability to innovate faster than ever.
To enable that growth, we're looking for a Cloud Advisor to join our world-class team and help our customers gain the maximum benefits of the cloud.
In your role you will make a significant contribution to the success of the Nordcloud business in Germany by supporting customers in leading the organizational change around the Infrastructure- and Fullstack Solution-Consultancy, Cloud Cost Management, and our trusted Managed Services.
Your role will be a key driver in the following areas:
- Establishing close working relationships, trust and become an advisor to CxOs in the customer organization
- Helping the customer to create the cloud/application strategy and roadmap (which cloud, cloud vs on-prem)
- Building technology roadmaps for the customer organization
- Building high-level target architectures for our customers
- Evangelizing cloud operating model and act as an IT agility change agent
- Supporting CDO / digital initiatives to enable fast application development
- Supporting the creation of compliance and security approach for cloud
- Providing an impartial assessment of cloud tech vendor proposals
- Advising on the procurement process, and considerations for new consumption methods (for example contracting, OPEX vs CAPEX)
- Creating strategic plans with Delivery (Project & Programme) Managers, sales colleagues, and senior customer stakeholders to build out the delivery roadmap
What do you need to be successful on this role:
- You have an understanding, interest, and willingness to learn about public cloud technology and architecture (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Prior experience in a similar role, ideally with another consultancy company
- Proven track record in influencing high-level decision makers
- Widely-read and up to date awareness of industry trends, technology advancements
- Well-connected, actively networking, and respected amongst peers
- Strong commercial acumen, able to understand business challenges
- Local knowledge of law, legislation, and regulations. Industry/domain-specific knowledge a bonus (eg. finance, retail, manufacturing, or a blend)
- A driven and forward-thinking problem solver, with the ability to motivate and drive team enthusiasm at the highest level
- Fluent in German & English
- A lot of opportunities to develop your expertise, while working together with our leading European Cloud Professionals. We have 200+ certified AWS experts, 100+ certified Azure experts and 70+ certified Google Cloud experts working from 19 different offices in 10 European countries
- Brilliant and friendly colleagues comprising 30+ nationalities from all over the world
- We're continuously developing our business – that means, we're not stuck with the attitude of doing things as they've always been done
- A chance to work with a variety of high-profile customers from across industries
- Work when you're the most productive. You get up early or can't work before your 3rd coffee? We offer flexible working hours. As long as the customer is happy, your colleagues are happy and you are happy - we are happy as well!
- Events & fun – beside all your interesting work assignments, feel free to enjoy our extra-curricular activities s
- We grow together! There's a possibility to gather valued certificates and participate in world class courses and trainings and become a Multi-Cloud-Expert!!!– choose from various courses to ensure continuous learning with a personal training budget
Working at Nordcloud is not just the next best job – it's the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the IT industry!
We are digital builders, born in the cloud. Join #NordcloudCommunity
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: EU only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈