1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: EU only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Since 2011, Nordcloud has been on a mission to help some of the most recognized brands in Europe embrace the maximum benefits of the cloud. To enable that growth, we're looking for a Cloud Advisor to join our world-class team and help our customers gain the maximum benefits of the cloud.
As a Cloud Advisor, your main responsibility is to deliver immediate value and impact to customers through well-planned cloud adoption. You'll be working closely with CxO level stakeholders, contributing vision to the customer's cloud strategy, and becoming a trusted technologist by developing the right solutions to meet the business needs.
Our customers are large enterprises that are seeking to benefit from the agility, scalability, and innovation of public cloud platforms. Leveraging Microsoft Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud to deliver both infrastructure as well as Data-driven and IoT related projects at speed has never been easier.
In your role you will make a significant contribution to the success of the Nordcloud business in Germany by supporting customers in leading the organizational change around the Infrastructure- and Fullstack Solution-Consultancy, Cloud Cost Management, and our trusted Managed Services.
Your role will be a key driver in the following areas (and many more):
- Establishing close working relationships, trust and become an advisor to CxOs in the customer organization
- Helping the customer to create the cloud/application strategy and roadmap (which cloud, cloud vs on-prem)
- Building technology roadmaps for the customer organization
- Building high-level target architectures for our customers
- Evangelizing cloud operating model and act as an IT agility change agent
- Supporting CDO / digital initiatives to enable fast application development
- Supporting the creation of compliance and security approach for cloud
- Providing an impartial assessment of cloud tech vendor proposals
- Advising on the procurement process, and considerations for new consumption methods (for example contracting, OPEX vs CAPEX)
- Creating strategic plans with Delivery (Project & Programme) Managers, sales colleagues, and senior customer stakeholders to build out the delivery roadmap
We offer you:
- A variety of interesting projects in an exciting area – the cloud is one of the hot topics in the IT market of today
- Brilliant co-workers who are motivated to develop our business – we are not stuck with the attitude of doing things as they've always been done
- Positive, friendly, and supportive working culture – we enjoy working together and share the knowledge
- Freedom to come up with new ideas and do your own decisions – micromanagement is not our thing
- Fast-paced environment with straightforward processes
- Flexible working hours (home office, remote work)
- Gym membership and quarterly team events
Desired Skills & Experience:
We are particularly looking to hire someone who has a confident personality with a persuasive attitude. Additionally, we are looking for the following skills:
- You have an understanding, interest, and willingness to learn public cloud technology and architecture (AWS, Azure, or GCP)
- Prior experience in a similar role, ideally with another consultancy company
- Proven track record in influencing high-level decision makers
- Widely-read and up to date awareness of industry trends, technology advancements
- Well-connected, actively networking, and respected amongst peers
- Strong commercial acumen, able to understand business challenges
- Local knowledge of law, legislation, and regulations. Industry/domain-specific knowledge a bonus (eg. finance, retail, manufacturing, or a blend)
- A driven and forward-thinking problem solver, with the ability to motivate and drive team enthusiasm at the highest level
- Fluent German & English is a must
Founded in 2011, Nordcloud is a European leader in public cloud infrastructure solutions and cloud-native application services. Since 2012 it has completed more than 1000 successful deployments that have helped its enterprise customers reap the full benefits of the cloud, including better security, agility, scalability, and reduced costs. Nordcloud employs 450+ people in offices around Europe including Helsinki (HQ), Stockholm, Oslo, London, Munich, Amsterdam, Poznan, Copenhagen, Malmö, and Jyväskylä.
According to the CRISP Research “Cloud Vendor Universe 2018” we are the leading provider for managed public cloud in Germany. Nordcloud has been awarded to be the World's top cloud-native Managed Services Partner in the May 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Hyper scaler MSP's. We are proud to be an AWS Premier Consulting Partner, a Google Cloud Premier Partner, and a Microsoft Gold Cloud Partner and Azure Expert MSP.
Working at Nordcloud is not just the next best job – it's the chance of a lifetime to leave your mark on the IT industry!
We are digital builders, born in the cloud. Join #NordcloudCommunity
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: EU only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈