AWS Security Engineer
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Ireland only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Cloud Security Engineer
LetsGetChecked is becoming a global leader in personal health testing. Our medical technology platform provides connectivity between customers and our global network of laboratories. We are enabling customers to order, manage and track their own clinical outcomes through a personal online account.
Due to continued success and growth, we are looking for a talented Cloud Security Engineer to join our exciting high growth company. We want someone that is hardworking, self-motivated and reliable to join us to continue to drive our business forward.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly expanding company and will suit an applicant looking to further their career, and who enjoys security work and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the security space.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with excellent communication skills.
- Strong experience in Amazon AWS environments and a detailed understanding of AWS security controls and best practices.
- A detailed knowledge of creating cloud-based programs including implementing identity and access management and securely configuring cloud environments.
- Providing security recommendations on service design and application development and coding.
- Managing cryptography and encryption of data in the cloud.
- Logging, monitoring, and responding to detected incidents in the cloud environment.
- Serving as the voice of the customer to the development teams in implementing new features or resolving security issues.
- Strong technical skills in Linux and Windows operating systems, scripting languages like Python. Experience with application and infrastructure security as code.
- You should have ingenuity and strong problem-solving skills in order to swiftly and creatively deal with threats or flaws in networks.
- Candidates must have strong leadership skills and have experience of mentoring highly technical individuals.
- Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience speaking in public forums and writing / contributing to technical publications.
- Candidates should be familiar with agile development processes and have experience integrating secure development practices into agile projects.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations including PCI, HIPAA, HITRUST, NIST, CIS and ISO2700 is desired.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- AWS certification at Associate and / or Speciality level required.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CCSP desired.
- At least 5 years' experience in the cybersecurity industry.
As the Cloud Security Engineer you will:
- Report to the Information Security Lead as a key member of the Information Security Team.
- Implementation and configuration of security controls to bolster defences in the cloud.
- Improving and maintaining secure development and secure architecture standards.
- Analyse security requirements for cloud implementation and integration.
- Assessing and measuring the implementation of security controls and architectures
- Supporting the incident response and architecture review processes whenever application security expertise is needed.
- Perform security research and document and communicate the findings of their research.
- Manage and update Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and metrics reporting the state of application security programs and performance of development teams against requirements.
- Participate in the on-call roster, including hours outside of normal business.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Ireland only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈