AWS/GCP/Azure DevOps Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Argentina
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Caylent is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our small, highly-skilled, growing engineering team to scale and maintain an industry-leading DevOps-as-a-Service practice.
Primary responsibilities include architecting and building DevOps tooling for clients such as Kubernetes, Infrastructure-as-Code, CI/CD pipelines, monitoring, security, and configuration management to name a few.
You will participate in code design, architecture, and refactoring decisions in order to provide an optimal experience for our customers, while also maintaining a balance of client-facing responsibilities including documentation and consulting while working with leading methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban. Additional duties include code reviews and coordinating DevOps efforts across multiple client engagements.
This is a 100% remote, full-time and permanent contractor position with as many benefits as we can provide from the US some of which include dedicated career development, extensive training, promotions, and English tutoring.
The DevOps Engineer will work collaboratively with software engineering teams to deploy and operate systems, including:
- Help automate and streamline client operations and processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in client dev, test, and production environments
The position involves the following day to day responsibilities:
- Structure and maintain software configuration management systems
- Automate and maintain software build processes
- Automate software deployment and monitoring
- Automate software testing at multiple levels (component, configuration item, subsystem, system) and monitor results
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
- Provide support to development teams that use the automated infrastructure
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Experience in production-ready operations, preferably supporting highly available environments
- Experience with designing and maintaining modern application CI/CD pipelines (e.g. CircleCI, GitLab, Jenkins)
- In-depth, hands-on experience: with cloud infrastructure environments (AWS, GCP), designing and creating Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform), container orchestration tools (Kubernetes), YAML configuration management tools (e.g. Helm, Ansible)
- Release automation, system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience
- Knowledge of automated code review and testing tools, and developer workflow tools
- Ability to discern, design, and maintain excellent documentation
- Ticketing knowledge(e.g. JIRA, Trello)
- Comfortable working in Scrum teams or Kanban
- Fluent in English
- Certifications are highly desired
- Multicloud expertise is highly desired
- Unlimited paid-time off
- competitive salary and bonuses, including performance-based salary increases
- Compensation paid in USD
- Bonuses for each certification
- 100% Remote Company since 2015 and Budget to lease a shared work
- Top of the line Laptop & equipment
- NO off-hour on-call
- Continuing Education, training, conferences & free English Courses
- Company-sponsored Coursework, Exams, and Certifications
- Work with cool, new tech - NO legacy systems
- Company-sponsored English Tutor
- Fun corporate events
- Close-knit team and an amazing corporate culture
- Career progression and leadership program
- Sophisticated internal library
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Argentina.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈