AWS Cloud Solutions Architect
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Our client, a software solutions leader in providing performance optimization and data consolidation solutions is looking for a AWS Cloud Solutions Architect to join them as permanent employee. This position is 100% remote and can work from an location in Canada.
Ideal Candidate: Will have the following:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- 5-7 years design/implementation experience with common Virtualization Technologies and Infrastructure
- 5+ years' experience in infrastructure architecture (Network, Data, Applications)
- Must have experience with Rancher, Kubernetes and Docker
- Driven self motivated and must have Hands on development experience
This position will be responsible for the development, maintenance and advancement of evolving solution architecture for our analytics platform, addressing business function needs and overseeing design changes. You will design end to end solutions that characterize what product enhancements are being proposed and how these services will be delivered. Working within the technology team you will architect and build cutting-edge, scalable, secure infrastructure platforms and services. You possess solid automation skills for rapid release and established infrastructure deployments. You possess IT strategy experience for planning migrations to hybrid clouds including planning and costing. In addition you are also:
- Keen to learn new and innovative ways of operating within your role
- Have a strong commitment to team and collaboration
- Display resourcefulness, creativity and strategic thinking for troubleshooting problems.
- You work well in a team atmosphere and on an individual basis.
- You are well able to handle multiple tasks at one time and are open to both receiving and giving suggestions about new and better or different methods of tackling tasks and or issues.
- Ensure alignment with our roadmaps and architecture principles, standards and governance process;
- Manage logical to physical design of our cloud infrastructure solutions, including storage, availability, performance and security;
- Where required, establish and direct innovation-led proof of concepts and make recommendations on technology adoption;
- Work with the Director, Information Security to ensure any solutions meet the needs of our security standards and principles and compliance with wider regulations like HIPAA/GDPR;
- Ensure that solution infrastructure is operational and supportable and that all non-functional requirements (including SLAs for business continuity, availability and scalability, security) are being addressed;
- Share and collaborate on technology solutions with the rest of the technology team;
- Contribute to sourcing and selection of third-party hardware, software and other technology components and services, as required to enable delivery;
- Provide technical support and Leadership to the rest of the Infrastructure team through coaching and mentorship;
- Align with solutions with policies and procedures for such things as, Business Continuity, Risk mitigation, Change Management, incident Management and Disaster recovery planning;
- Maintain uptime commitment (99.9%), logging and fault tolerance.
- 5-7 years design/implementation experience with common Virtualization Technologies and Infrastructure;
- 5+ years' experience in infrastructure architecture (Network, Data, Applications);
- Must have a solid background in container based architecture and deployments;
- Must have experience with Rancher, Kubernetes and Docker;
- Sound understanding of product development and the product development lifecycle;
- Hands-on development experience;
- Experience in Networks Setup, Security, Automated Monitoring tools and Logs, Analytics;
- Strong foundation with DevOps and agile frameworks;
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Git/GitHub, Circleci, Relational databases (MySQL and Postgres), Redis;
- Proven extensive experience in design of Identity Services, IAM, Identity Governance;
- Post-secondary degree / diploma in Information Technology or equivalent;
- Working knowledge of Information Security best practices;
- Working knowledge of privacy & security legislation (PIPEDA / HIPAA) considered an asset;
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification is considered a strong asset.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈