Application Security Tester Co-op
1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Canada Only
Category: DevOps / Sysadmin
Location: remote until further notice
Term: 8/12 month
Hourly rate: $22.72 - $28.77
Application Materials: resume (required), cover letter (optional), unofficial transcripts (required)
Who we are
[Haven’t heard of us? That’s ok - ask your CPA or CA friend - they’ll talk your ear off!]
CaseWare is the great, Toronto- headquartered technology company you’re going to hear more and more about, as we continue to evolve our products and grow our team. We are a product driven company, supporting accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. CaseWare is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent- like you.
The long and short: We are building great products to support customers we care deeply about. To do that we need incredible talent. Interested? Read more below on how you can be a part of the CaseWare journey.
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity
Do you have a love and passion for cybersecurity, ethical hacking and penetration-testing, this is an opportunity to be a part of a keen and deeply passionate Application Security Team to dive deep into the security of web applications. Caseware is looking for talented individuals who have a flair for investigation, analysis and a willingness to learn and familiarize themselves with the latest Cloud technologies.
You will be part of a team that is committed to developing and delivering an integrated software with the other platforms made within CaseWare International and provide an excellent employee experience. Our customers are our distributors and resellers strategically placed globally who share the same goal of building a world class platform through customer obsession as us. As part of the Smart Engagements or SE team as we say, you will be working with some great minds (literally been with the team/company for 30 years), the latest technology for cloud based apps and in a fast paced agile environment with a great team of people who only want to deliver the best to our users.
Highlight of your responsibilities
[impossible to highlight everything, but this gives you a solid glimpse]
- Performing security assessment and penetration testing in an ad hoc fashion on various applications.
- Designing, implementing and executing automated security testing across the suite of CaseWare products.
- Creating & maintaining technical application security documentation to include in the company’s knowledge base.
- Participating in research/brainstorming sessions, assisting in special projects and performing other duties as required.
- Writing new test cases in the Security Test automation frameworks.
- Working with tools such as nmap, SSLyze, Anchore, openvas, Burp Suite and Owasp Zap.
- Using debugging tools, analyzing stack traces, code, log-files and other artifacts.
- Gaining an understanding of security vulnerabilities and exploits (e.g. OWASP Top 10) and gain an understanding of how those security vulnerabilities can be solved.
- Learning security best practices and Secure SDLC.
- Gaining experience in static and dynamic application security testing methods and tools (e.g. Veracode, Burp Suite ... Etc).
- Gaining experience with integrating automated security tests into Continuous Integration pipelines such as GitHub Action, Jenkins or Bamboo.
We are looking for someone who
- Enrolled in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related program
- Be comfortable in working within various IDE’s or editors, (Eclipse, Visual Studio, notepad++ ... Etc).
- Exposure to versioning control with some experience using GIT.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance.
- Interest and/or experience in all things security.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask
Some more, important stuff:
At CaseWare, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. As such, we strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We aspire to make CaseWare the place where you bring your authentic self and thrive.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈