1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Remote, UK ONLY
£21,000 - £27,000 (Plus Incentives)
Bird is searching for a talented Web Designer to join our Essex based team. We are an award-winning digital agency providing results-driven online marketing, technical and creative services to a broad range of clients, including local SMEs and global brands such as Huawei, St James’s Place and First Data.
You will be working closely with the Technical Director to manage projects from concept to completion. You will apply your design flair to our award winning web design process. You will be applying your own creative ideas to produce pixel perfect websites for a range of clients. Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Creating websites from concept to completion
- Creating banners and other website elements
- Working with the following technologies
- cPanel / WHM
- Project management systems (e.g. trello)
- Installing and customising themes
- Installing and configuring plugins
- Integrating payment gateways
- Custom design changes
- Keeping up to date with latest design trends
We want to hire a web designer to join our creative team. You will need knowledge that spans web design and web development. You should be passionate about building high quality websites and will need a keen eye for design. This role requires liaison with clients and colleagues so you will also need good written and verbal communication skills. In order to perform in this role it is vital that you have:
- Good working knowledge of the following programming technologies
- Content management systems (e.g. Wordpress, Magento etc.)
- Experience working with:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Themes and plugins
- Excellent time management
We are a close-knit team who want the best results for our clients and for each other. We have a state of the art in-house system, access to industry-leading tools and all the kit that you need to thrive. The offices can be fast-paced but we like to have fun. There are ping-pong tables, swanky boardrooms, and a well stocked kitchen. We also offer the flock a range of employee benefits, including:
- 30 days holiday
- Additional paid bIrthday day off (or three day weekend)
- Regular socials and lunches (expenses paid)
- Free gym membership
- Free Spotify Premium
- Free Netflix
- Free eye tests and discounted glasses
- Festive party (expenses paid)
- Summer party (expenses paid)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee loyalty schemes:
- Private Healthcare
- Build Your Own Computer
- £1000 holiday budget
If you are an experienced Web Designer and you wish to progress your career as part of a forward-thinking digital agency then send a copy of your CV and portfolio to be considered for the role. Bird is expanding and we are always interested in hearing from new talent - visit the Bird careers page for more opportunities and information about our company.
Bird is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of any personal characteristics. We will consider applications from all candidates with suitable experience and we aim to respond to successful applicants promptly.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈