3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Is microcopy your superpower as a writer? Do you like working with product, design, and localization teams? We’re looking for a UX writer who will help us create smooth and engaging experiences for our users through in-product copy. Does this sound like you?
We’re looking for a native English UX writer to join our Localization Team to help make our products feel human and accessible through language that brings the brand to life and strikes a balance between engagement, playfulness and coherence, even in the smallest microcopy.
To make it happen, you will work closely with our designers, three product teams, and localization, as the champion of our in-product copy to engage users across all platforms and touchpoints.
You will influence and be involved in every aspect of product development, from discovery to fixing a comma right before launch.
You’ll also be responsible for establishing a copy process when working with design and product teams, as well as creating and maintaining a UX/UI style guide, allowing for a consistent system all teams can rely on. You will participate in branding, product, and feature naming work groups, adding linguistic insight and being the voice of our users.
- 2+ years UX writing experience for in-product UI and messaging (please send a portfolio with your application)
- Must be a native English-speaker. Our in-product language is US English
- Experience working with designers, researchers, and product managers as part of the product design process
- Ability to optimize a product’s user experience through concise and compelling copy
- Experience in the creation and administration of UX/UI style guide and glossary
- You must thrive in an environment of fast feedback loops and a mindset of rapid prototyping and iteration
Nice to haves:
- Sound knowledge of localization best practices for UX/UI copy, ensuring it is translation ready with localization considerations applied
- Knowledge of design tools used by designers (Sketch, Zeplin, Figma) is a plus
- Knowledge of help article documentation architecture or tech writing is a plus
- Fluency in another language is a plus
Kahoot! is on a mission to make learning awesome! We want to empower everyone, including children, students, and employees to unlock their full learning potential. Our learning platform makes it easy for any individual or corporation to create, share, and play learning games that drive compelling engagement. In addition, our family of apps takes math learning to a new level and empowers children to learn to read through play. Learners of all ages can make language learning natural with immersive visuals and play through our Drops apps. Organizations can connect and engage their work teams with Actimo, our employee engagement platform. Launched in 2013,Kahoot!’s vision is to build the leading learning platform in the world. In the last 12 months, more than 250 million games have been played on the Kahoot! platform with 1.5 billion participating players in 200 countries. The company is headquartered in Norway with offices in the US, the UK, France, Finland, Estonia, Denmark and Spain. Let’s play!
At Kahoot! we champion a positive culture of collaborative learning and innovation. With a team of 200 employees representing 30 different nationalities, we’re a diverse and fun bunch of people! We work hard and celebrate our wins, tackle challenges with original ideas and learn something new every day.
The values guiding us are: we are playful, we are curious and we are inclusive!
You will join the Customer Experience team that is responsible for creating best-in-class customer experiences for Kahoot! users across the world. You will report to the Localization Director based in Oslo. You are based in the UK and the position is fully remote.
If you talk to anyone working at Kahoot!, they will tell you that one of the greatest perks is being able to see how the work you do puts a smile on the face of kids, teachers and learners all around the world.
As a growth-company, we’re enthusiastic to bring in the right fit as soon as we find them - then on the real fun!
We offer you:
- A fast growing environment
- International work environment with over 40 nationalities
- An informal and fun but driven culture
- Remote work set up
- Buddy program
- Social and company events (virtual and in-person)
Please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio by 6 April 2021. We look forward to hearing from you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈