4 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
What we're looking for
We're looking for a UX/UI Designer to join us immediately. The UX/UI Designer works collaboratively across project teams consisting of strategy, project management and development to deliver remarkable digital experiences for people across all screens.
Note: we're only pursuing candidates with existing paperwork to legally work in Canada and are available to work remotely and/or on site at our downtown Vancouver office (when we fully reopen post COVID).
Areas of focus
- Craft intuitive website and e-commerce experiences, leveraging UX and UI design systems, components, patterns and standards.
- Produce design deliverables utilizing Sketch, Invision and/or other prototyping tools:
- Detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, paths to purchase, etc.
- Wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent design flow and interaction recommendations.
- Detailed visuals / mockups.
- Stay up-to-date on trends, best practices, new advances, and new platforms in the digital product space.
- Pushing boundaries and drive change in design process and approach.
- Ability to think and operate in terms of design systems (think Atomic Design) – be it working from existing design systems, evolving design systems or defining new design systems.
- Experiment with different interaction patterns and flows, from pre-defined components to out-of-the box concepts.
- Collaborate with design and development to ensure design system approach meets end user needs.
- Proven creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to accommodate tight deadlines and solution to constraints (platform and budget related).
- Thorough, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- Proven interpersonal skills, client relation skills, and ability to work in and contribute to a positive make-it-happen team environment.
- Can speak to UX & UI design decisions and unveil the ‘why' behind your work – be it to the internal team and/ or to the client.
- Can lead discussions around your process, explorations, thinking and conclusions.
- Participate in an open, collaborative, and inclusive office environment.
Who we're looking for
- At least 3 years of experience in designing UX & UI for web and mobile.
- At least 2 years experience in the role of user experience designer, experience architect, information architect, interaction designer, or similar role.
- Experience applying research and analysis to design and strategy.
- Experience with: design systems, user-centered design techniques; design sprints & team based concepting.
- You have experience in and a passion for e-commerce (ideally Shopify or other e-commerce platform(s))
- High proficiency in using Sketch, InVision, Keynote, Framer or similar design and prototyping tools.
- A solid portfolio of product work that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills.
- You receive feedback well and can iterate on your designs, no matter how attached to them you are.
- You're not a jerk—please leave your ego at home
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈