3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
About This Role
Hello prospective pickle! Design Pickle is seeking out a UX/UI Designer to join the ranks of our product team to aid in the overall front-end aesthetics of our creative back-end software. Design Pickle currently has 3 amazing products, Graphic Design, Custom Illustrations, and FreshStock.com that we need to bolster seamless and researched user experiences for our customers.
Reports to: Lead Engineer
On a daily basis, works closely with: Product team members, Marketing, with collaboration from Production and Customer Success
Location: Design Pickle is a fully remote company with a Company Hub in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Who We Are Looking For
First, Design Pickle is anything but typical. We're a group of hard-working, creativity-loving individuals from around the world.
Do we love pickles, too? Most of us! But don't stress if pickles aren't your thing. It's not a deal-breaker. We do look for a passion and interest in something though because our employees' uniqueness is what helped make us the great company we are today.
We stand by our vision, purpose, and values, and these are mission-critical to how you show up every single day.
Specific to your role, we're looking for individuals who have...
- Have a love for front-end product design, and have about 3 years of relevant experience. Even better if you have a BA/BS or commensurate experience
- Can show a proven track record of getting things done, you're organized as hell and completely goal and project-oriented
- Possess a portfolio of UX/UI design which displays your visual design chops, critical thinking skills, and design process. Even better if you have worked on subscription-based sites
- You excel working independently and as a member of a small team
- Have a breadth of technical knowledge which you use to contribute to designing experience within a SaaS solution. You're totally capable of building interactive designs and using motion to enhance user experiences while maintaining a visual design library
- Show ability to clearly communicate and identify areas of improvement and provide appropriate solutions.
- Display their understanding of HTML and CSS
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
As a fast-growing company, our roles are always evolving. However, we want you to know exactly what you're walking into. In the first 90-days, here is a preview of what's expected:
- Lead the design of our Saas web application from start to finish- from initial concepts to implement visual design
- Create a wide range of deliverables in collaboration with a UX designer
- Pixel Perfect Mockups
- Collaborate with our internal brand and product teams to ensure consistency between branding and marketing efforts in addition to maintaining and improving our visual design system to the delight of our customers
- Provide quality assurance on developed software to ensure visual perfection and providing feedback to engineering when appropriate
Benefits, Compensation, and Perks
Uncapped PTO: Hate seeing your PTO hours decrease as the year goes on? Not anymore! There is no cap or number associated with the amount of PTO days you can request.
Major medical healthcare: We offer Bronze, Silver, and Gold major medical plans through United Healthcare which is managed seamlessly through Gusto.
Dental and vision insurance: We work with Beam Dental and VSP for ancillary coverage.
Remote-work flexibility: More productive at home? Not based in Scottsdale, AZ? Fine with us! We are a remote-first company with people all over the country.
World-class Company Hub: More productive in an office? Also, fine with us! Our Company Hub is set up with state-of-the-art standing desks, high-definition monitors, breakout rooms for meetings and calls, a podcast studio, a relaxation room, a merch wall, and a cold plunge! ….yes, we said a cold plunge.
In-office gym: Our Company Hub also has a small CrossFit-style gym available for any pickles to use!
New parent leave: Design Pickle encourages all primary caregivers to take up to 8 weeks leave for a new family member, including adoption, at full salary.
Paid training and personal development: We offer a yearly stipend for employees to continue to grow their skillset and learn things to help them in their careers.
Stock option potential: We give our tenured staff a stake in what we're building here.
Pet insurance: Have a furry friend? Design Pickle offers pet insurance through United Pet Care for discounted vet visits, medication, and procedures.
Team retreats, social events, and adventures: Pickle collaboration is important to us! We host regular social events, get-togethers, and experiences for our staff.
About Design Pickle
Design Pickle was founded in 2015 with a vision to change lives through its creative software, solutions, and services. Since then, the company has grown to be the #1 flat-rate creative services company in the world. We have served tens of thousands of clients with a team that spans the globe.
In 2019 & 2020, Inc. 5000 listed Design Pickle as one of the fastest-growing companies in America.
We are a company that takes our core values to heart:
We aim for Mister-Rogers-Level friendliness; every interaction comes from a place of inclusion, empathy, kindness, and respect.
We are resourceful, efficient, and committed to constant improvement by leveraging our time, technology, and resources.
We speak from the heart, operate with integrity, and guide every decision, conversation, and action with honesty (even when no one is looking).
We embrace our collective responsibility to delight customers, support our teammates, and give back to the community.
We are ambitious creators with grit by the jarful. We take ownership of our decisions and grow from our mistakes.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈