UX Research Manager
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
As a UX Research Manager you’ll help define and grow Postman’s UX Research and usability testing program as a vital part of the product. You’ll work across research, design, and development teams in a rapid release environment. You’ll design and manage mixed methods of research and testing to ensure Postman is continually delivering highly usable, valuable, and accessible experiences. We’re looking for someone who fully understands how quantitative and qualitative data and insights improve interactions. If this sounds like you, you’ll enjoy building a team, a process, and working in a fast-paced and rewarding role.
Please take care to apply to the appropriate role. There are many open opportunities at Postman, this position is not a QA or a qualitative research role.
- Manage overall UX Research and usability testing in support of the Postman design and development process
- Be able to manage a high volume of unmoderated / automated testing for a complex product
- Organize, communicate, and maintain testing and research requests and schedule in a multi-team environment
- Manage all aspects of UX research including surveys, polls, test criteria, design, moderated and unmoderated test management,
- Understand how and when to review log files for user behavior
- Develop and distribute regular research reports including detailed findings, insights, and recommendations
- Manage a team of UX Researchers to support multiple, concurrent projects
- Develop and maintain baseline reports and criteria to continually improve product usability
- Based on research outcomes and findings, work with research and design teams on recommendations for changes to improve usability, overall experience, and efficiency
- Help maintain a CRM based, volunteer recruitment process for research volunteers
- Advise on test environments and models including early wireframe, prototype, beta environment, and sometimes production
- Be an advocate for UX Research internally at Postman and periodically present usability findings and the benefits and impact of early and ongoing research
- Socialize and collaborate with multiple teams to share larger research findings
- Collaborate across support, success, marketing, product teams, and other customer facing touchpoints to manage combined user outreach in a coordinated and efficient manner
- 6+ years UX Research experience guiding design teams on usability best practices based on proven industry research and standards
- A love of quantitative research and the non-subjective value it provides
- Experience with one of the top user testing platforms or equivalent experience
- Experience in researching and testing products and transactional experiences, in an ongoing and rapid release cycle
- Experience developing research goals for baselining and ongoing success of research maturity and product usability
- Detailed understanding of quantitative research techniques
- Self-direction and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to plan ahead and expand UX Research into a mature practice
- Experience working in a structured team environment
- Experience with team collaboration, product management, and support processes (JIRA and Confluence helpful)
- Advanced experience in multiple and mixed methods of research including but not limited to surveys, polls, interjection and in-app surveys, interviews, and log file analysis
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in the study of user experience, design, research or related fields such as information architecture, human factors/HCI, psychology, cognitive sciences OR alternative equivalent project/portfolio experience
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our Wellness Program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Quarterly team offsites and monthly happy hours will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Postman will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈