UX Lead - EMEA
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Who are Tyk, and what do we do?
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!) If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Singapore Post and Skills Future Singapore, to global organisations like the Financial Times, and Starbucks. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
The internet started by connecting mainframes, by the end of the 20th century 600m desktop and laptop computers exchanged email and web-traffic. Today around 15 billion ‘things’ are connected to the internet, growing at a rate of a billion per year. Tyk are committed to enabling interconnectivity between systems and between devices. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
What can you do with us?
Tyk aims to provide the best user experience to our range of API management customers. Our users range from software and API developers, to API product managers, platform engineers and technical architects. We are looking for someone with a passion and drive to always be improving our UX and on the hunt for finding out the true user needs. While this is a lead role, you will need to be comfortable providing hands on support to the product team, creating user journey maps, defining use cases, user workflows, wireframes etc. In our world, a typical GUI is a small part of what we do, our users interact with our product through APIs, CLIs, SDKs too, so we need someone who is comfortable with designing experiences in these areas. You will need to be a true problem solver, with the ability to really get into the nitty gritty of complex developer software experiences.
Heres what you'll be getting up to:
- Leading our talented multi disciplinary UX team of UX designers and researchers
- Collaborating and liaising with stakeholders to enable the team to design enterprise and developer experiences across a range of product areas
- Work with the product team and customer facing teams to help refine and prioritise the business problems and consolidate user needs
- Advocate for our users by leveraging user research within the product creation process to influence design and product decisions, and ensuring that user needs are front and centre across all aspects of our product development lifecycle
- Provide continuous communications and updates on UX team progress to the wider organisation
- Ensure that our UX strategy, principles and assets are always up to date, relevant and valuable, and use these to ensure the user experience is consistent across all product areas
- Guide the team to focus on what matters. Be the glue between business priorities, internal stakeholders and the UX team
- Visualise our user’s experience throughout our product and platform, by creating user journey maps, workflow diagrams, information architecture, and anything else that helps you communicate what our users are doing and thinking
- Organising and facilitating UX focussed workshops and UX critiques to align the teams and ensure design thinking is applied to business problems
Here's what we're looking for:
- Demonstrable experience of leading, mentoring and motivating a team including providing feedback and leading on performance review processes.
- Ability to plan and lead the execution of complex projects across product areas and has advanced project management skills.
- Experience working independently with stakeholders and designing enterprise and developer focussed applications, in both the front and back end
- Experience executing user-centered design methodologies by leading product design decisions from research through implementation
- Experience working on products from conception all the way through to iterative delivery
- Experience communicating effectively and confidently with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience running and being involved in prospect and customer calls
- Experience working with and driving a design thinking framework within an organisation
- Experience working effectively with agile development teams and ensuring UX is embedded into the process
- Is comfortable giving and receiving feedback regularly
- Ability to use standard set of design software (we primarily use Figma & Miro)
- Confidence in communicating design decisions to a wide range of stakeholders
- Creative, innovative and problem-solving mindset
- Ability to see things from both a macro and micro level (and know when to focus on each)
- In depth knowledge of the end to end design capabilities (research, UX, visual)
Our early stage team members will shape our business, there is an attractive package based on experience and performance that includes share options. Everyone has unlimited holiday.
You will work with a talented, and passionate team of industry experts, who are developing a cutting-edge product that is driving change and innovation within startups and household names alike.
We’re a distributed team. Work from our London office during induction, once you are up to speed, you can work from home, a cafe, your mums house, wherever you get your best work done, we’ll support you in making that happen.
The best software and hardware available - we are prime movers in “The New Stack”, our setup reflects that.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for team members keen to grab hold, accelerate that further and shape our future.
What’s it like to work here?! check it out: https://tyk.io/worklife/
Tyk aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
You can see more about us here https://tyk.io
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈