1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Founded in April 2020, Trailmerge provides user experience design and product management services to help SaaS (software-as-a-service) startups
We are on a mission to equip SaaS startups with product and design expertise and empower people to achieve, succeed, and thrive in their work and life.
Our vision is to promote abundance of life and opportunity.
This vision drives how we operate with our team members – mentorship and development are a core part of who we are. This is also how we partner with our clients – journeying with founders and product teams to support their entrepreneurial dreams and growth.
First and foremost, you deeply care about our mission. This is not a role for people who are “just looking for anything.”
You care about opportunity for talented and passionate people. You value both individual responsibility and shared successes. You believe technology is for people, not people for technology.
You strive to cultivate a culture of honor and freedom, with the belief that teammates are human, not "resources".
In terms of professional and personal development, you're driven to grow and to help others grow. You're not just a culture fit, you're a culture add.
You're comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and can easily switch between different kinds of tasks.
Specific to this role, you are a human-centered designer with experience and skill in the full design process – various research methodologies and deliverables, user flows, app architecture,, wireframes, and mockups. You are inquisitive and live by gaining a deep understanding of a problem before trying to solve it. You enjoy working on a variety of projects, and have a special interest in building tools people use in their day-to-day work environments. You have an eagle eye for detail and a strong visual aesthetic.
You are a strong communicator and collaborator. You are strong in balancing the business needs while focusing on user needs. You know how to work with developers and anticipate their questions for a successful build.
You are interested in professional growth and open to constructive feedback.
We are seeking additional design support to serve our growing client base. We're looking for you to support us on an initial part-time freelance / contract basis which may mature into a full-time role. You will report directly to the founder / CEO.
We are open to remote work in the US Eastern time zone or Southeast region.
- Collaborating with the founder and other team members on projects and tasks.
- Meeting with and collaborating with clients, maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Running various forms of research, such as user interviews, contextual inquiry, usability tests, competitive analyses, usability audits, and surveys.
- Synthesizing research findings to produce easy-to-consume research deliverables, such as reports and visuals.
- Architecting user flows, service blueprints, user journeys, and site maps.
- Designing low-fidelity wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes.
- Annotating designs for developers and collaborating with clients' development teams.
- Graphic design
- Other miscellaneous design tasks, as needed.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Eighteen years of age or older.
- Legally permitted to work in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- An inherent drive to help others.
- Skill in delivering human-centered design solutions.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong sense of responsibility and willingness to take ownership of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- A portfolio demonstrating strong visual design aptitude, as well as an understanding of and ability to execute the full design process.
- Proficiency in high-fidelity UI design and prototyping tools, preferably Figma.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator or similar vector design software.
- Experience leveraging remote ideation and collaboration tools, such as Miro, Slack, GSuite, Jira, Zoom, and Asana.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and respectfully in diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
- University diploma.
- A college-level degree or professional certificate in design or a design-related field.
- Experience working in a similar role in an agency environment.
- Experience designing for software-as-a-service startups.
- Experience using Webflow for web design and development.
- Proficiency using additional graphic design and animation tools such as Adobe Photoshop and After Effects.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈