4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Waldo is a photo-finding phenom empowering families to put their phones back in their pockets and “Live the Moment”. Utilizing facial and numbered jersey recognition, Waldo is changing the way photos are found and delivered from camps, schools, youth sports, churches, greek life, weddings, and more. Waldo makes sharing photos from events a breeze across Apple, Android and web.
Why Work for Waldo?
Waldo is in rapid growth mode--adding users, increasing revenue, expanding into existing markets, and making entries into new verticals!
What we’re looking for:
As a UX / UI Designer, you will marry data with creative insight to deliver successful user experiences. You believe in form and function equally and through a process of iteration and prototyping, you design experiences that offer intuitive utility and human connectivity. You place a strong emphasis on craft and take pride in seeking out simple solutions to complex problems.
On the product team at Waldo Photos, you will work closely with the entire team to establish goals and collaborate in an iterative process of design, development and continuous optimization. Combining user experience strategy, information architecture and interaction design, you’ll define the critical user paths and holistic user experience across multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile Web, Desktop). Your success is gauged by the effectiveness of the final product to meet the combined user needs and business goals.
Your previous experience shows us that you:
- Champion design. As you look out into the world, you see opportunity at every glance for how smarter design could make for a more useful and joyful human experience. And, that’s exactly how you approach designing a user’s experience. Although your focus is not visual design, you have taste and talent for making your work look as good as it communicates.
- Have technical command with a deep understanding of the importance of technical specifications and requirements which you apply to solving user problems across each layer of the user experience— from the business strategy through a product’s launch.
- Are a born collaborator and thrive on cross-disciplinary work flows and feedback; you drive excellent results through consistent and proactive innovation and results-driven ideas; you love prototyping and iteratively ideating until the best solution arises.
Your primary responsibilities would be to:
- Define and concept UX strategy— setting the foundation for successful, and enduring digital products; completing business analysis and business requirements by auditing existing products and performing competitive research.
- Participate in all phases, from strategy to launch to optimization (this job is not just about making wireframes or participating in one phase); work iteratively on initial concepts, informed by user research, marketplace and behavior trends.
- Create data and user workflows that illustrate critical paths, site-maps and schematics that illustrate the information architecture, and page-level wireframes of varying resolution; functional prototypes for pages and unique user interface elements and interactions.
On paper, we’re looking for candidates with:
- At least five (5) years of experience as a user experience designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research)
- Experience with UI patterns for native mobile applications, specifically relating to social and photography-related products.
- Experience with UX design for complex workflows and/or for technical end users
- Experience with wireframing and prototyping tools, e.g. Sketch, InVision, etc.
- BA, BS, or MS in Interaction Design, HCI, or an equivalent field.
- Fully Remote
- Flexible vacation
- Collaborative and collegial team environment
- Competitive Salary
- Meaningful Start-up Equity
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈