1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: USA Only
Prenda is on a mission to empower learners. We have pioneered a new learning model that helps people run microschools. The model is helping light a fire for kids like Mo (https://youtu.be/g4nLjauGM3U), and we want to empower many more. Imagine a world where kids grow up as empowered learners - they choose to learn, develop their gifts, and apply their passion and grit to solve the world’s big problems!
About the Open Role
Prenda is hiring senior UX Designers that will be responsible for crafting experiences for our Students, Guides, and Parents. Prenda is a 100% remote company, but teams get together quarterly to meet in person.
Prenda believes in a Human-Centered approach and empowering autonomous product experience teams to prioritize work and deliver value to their customers. You will be working on a cross-functional team with a product manager and software engineers who all share the same focus: developing empathy for our internal and external customers through qualitative and quantitative research and using that knowledge to consider what problems to solve and how best to solve them.
We are looking for designers who are experienced, empathetic, and results-oriented. Our Ideal candidate is someone who is relentlessly curious, isn’t afraid to question conventional wisdom, and is open to the best solution regardless of its source.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing the experience journey and associated web and mobile products to enable our customers on the Prenda Students, Guides, or Parents team
- Preparing for and co-leading customer research along with a Product Manager
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify user needs and brainstorm appropriate solutions based on customer research and synthesized data
- Creating storyboards, wireframes, and high fidelity prototypes for usability testing and development
- Creating and contributing to the company design system and evangelizing best practices across the company
Who you are committed to being
Prenda is a values driven company and we are seeking candidates who are committed to living our core values.
- Start with heart: Caring about people and a passion for learning are more important than transcripts, certificates and pedagogy.
- Figure it out: Everyone has the potential to become a capable problem solver. When we rob students of their struggles, we rob them of their victories.
- Dare greatly: We discover our gifts and purpose, then courageously tackle the big goals ahead of us. When the call to action is scary, we embrace the struggle, ask “why not?” and keep moving forward.
- Foundation of trust: Trust is the only way humans can learn and build together. We think about trust in every interaction and do everything we can to increase it. Am I trusting others? Are my words or actions inviting others to trust me?
- Learning > comfort: It’s tempting to avoid risk, stick with what we know, and hide from new and challenging frontiers. We seek the real learning that comes when we step (or leap) out of our comfort zone.
Experience you'll need
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in user experience design, interaction design, and visual design. An advanced degree in design, human interaction, or an engineering related field is a plus.
- Strong proficiency with user research and human-centered design best practices
- Ability to create high fidelity, interactive prototypes and test them with customers to measure their effectiveness, usefulness, and delightfulness
- Ability to lead with an analytical approach to testing new features and iterating and evolving the product based on data
- Experience developing 0-1 products for both consumers and b2b audiences
- Ability to think through large, complex design systems
- Exceptional communication skills that can create buy-in for user-centered product strategy, as well as an ability to speak on a technical level and communicate clearly with engineers and other stakeholders within your team and beyond
- A committed lifelong learner dedicated to improving at your craft
- Competitive salary combined with potential equity
- Tax-advantaged health insurance reimbursement
- Work-from-home stipend
- Entirely remote team
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈