1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: North America Only
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of 45+ people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their career as they continue to create a better web.
Kanopi strives to be a place where clients and employees alike feel connected, supported, empowered, and delighted by the day-to-day operations. We believe that treating people well creates long-lasting relationships and positive outcomes.
And it works: staff retention is 95%, and 95% of our business comes from word of mouth and referrals.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to work with our team as a User Experience (UX) Contractor.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a User Experience (UX) Contractor, you will lead clients through the user experience process, including but not limited to: stakeholder interviews, user feedback collection, and analytics data review, among others. You will work with clients to formalize an articulation and go-forward strategy for their site experience and translate their higher vision strategy into deliverables like information architecture, sitemaps, template identification, content strategy, and responsive clickable/non-clickable wireframes. You will be challenged to craft websites using a user-centered and data-driven approach and can articulate the "why" behind your decisions. You can find the balance of what the client wants and what the user needs, and can make a case to gain client approval.
Your typical project responsibilities might include:
- Leading clients and audience participants in UX work sessions and user testing
- Synthesizing multiple forms of data into a clear vision and strategy
- Creating polished project artifacts like IA, sitemaps, wireframes and roadmaps for future implementations
- Ensure the execution of your deliverables will meet the client and audience goals
- Presenting and expressing your vision with clarity to clients, and your fellow Kanopi team members to ensure the vision is pulled through the lifecycle of the work
- Collaborating with designers and developers to ensure your deliverables fit within the predefined budget, and identify any items presented which are out of scope for the collective team to understand and decide if it will be included or added to a roadmap
- Paying close attention to budget, alerting Project Managers if there is a risk to it or the timeline of deliverables
- Being nimble and flexible within constraints of budgets, client needs, etc.
- Being able to work and execute larger deliverables, or smaller phased versions, depending on the needs of the work
- Most importantly, have fun working with an incredible team!
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This is a contract position. Hourly compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
We are looking for candidates who…
- Must have at least 6+ years working as a user experience specialist
- Must have agency experience
- Must have experience working remotely or with a with a distributed project team
- Implement a mobile-first methodology
- Demonstrate professionalism and are responsive to client needs
- Respond quickly and remain flexible in a rapidly-changing environment
- Prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, multi-time-zone environment
- Possess proven intelligence and initiative
- Utilize strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Take initiative to learn and adapt to new applications and frameworks
- Commit to delivering high-quality work with an eye on time and budget
- Anticipate client needs and potential issues
- Annotate deliverables as needed for efficient handoffs
- Utilize excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Earned a BS or MS in related majors for UX, or have equivalent work experience
- Have a passion for the web and open source development
- Use data to drive decisions
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Send us a cover letter, including your answer to the question below.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer this question: What is your favorite piece of technology?
Our screening process takes a bit of time, because we like to ensure that you are the perfect fit for us, and we are the perfect fit for you! After we’ve taken a look at your application, we will send you a series of questions that will help us get to know you better. From there, you will engage in several interviews with members of our team, and a skills assessment or two in order to take a look at how you do the things you do! Some candidates may even do a mini-project, depending on the role you are interviewing for. We’ll be happy to explain a bit more once we’re in the interview stage.
Please note - we try to make an effort to contact every applicant to let you know the status of your application, but we are human, so if you don’t hear from us, drop us a line!
Kanopi is a distributed agency—meaning that we get the job done from our homes, from a co-working space or coffee shop—wherever we do our best work. We are collaborative and dedicated to creating awesome websites for our clients.
Benefits of Working at Kanopi
- Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
- Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
- Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters, or overseas applicants.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈