User Experience Designer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
TCGplayer was founded by Chedy Hampson & Ray Moore as a digital media platform within the collectible hobby space. We have grown from our initial roots working inside Syracuse-based hobby stores selling comic books, sports cards, CD’s, collectible cards, action figures, and tabletop games into an expansive eCommerce marketplace that connects a global community of millions of buyers with tens of thousands of retailers.
We have been ranked amongst New York State’s 50 best employers and Fortune.com’s top 100 companies for women in the U.S. Our entire team prides itself on creating a culture that fosters camaraderie, embraces diversity, and exudes passion. We provide stock options to 100% of our 250 team members and project our team to grow to over 400 by the end of 2021.
With our initial goal of building the most dynamic and compelling marketplace for collectible card games in the U.S accomplished, we are now set to bring our innovative technologies and customer focused approach to the entire $25B global collectible hobby market.
The User Experience Team is a dynamic team of mixed method designers. We proactively uphold our mission to promote a culture of design thinking that results in useful, scalable, engaging and TCGplayer brand-worthy products. We champion a human-centered approach to product design, and advocate for our users as we build alongside product and technology teammates.
The User Experience Designer for TCGplayer Adtech is a highly collaborative and motivated role who will bring design unity across product experiences. You’ll join a cross-functional group working on efforts at TCGplayer, and act as the principal designer for the advertising and marketing experience of our customer journeys. Together, with the User Experience Team and your scrum pod, you’ll look critically at how our product experiences fit into business goals while also delighting our users.
You’ll have the opportunity to show your UX background throughout the entire product design process as you perform lean UX design and research, build data driven and customer centered designs from ideation to high fidelity mocks, and see products through to delivery. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about beautiful, user-centered design, and experienced in contributing to design projects across the entire product lifecycle within a cross-functional team.
- Refine and reimagine the TCGplayer advertising and marketing experience: collaborate with your team to design and shape the future of how customers discover products, explore the marketplace, and learn about TCGplayer.
- Lead the experience of marketing and ad campaigns across the entire product lifecycle, multiple product launches, and an omnichannel experience
- Work closely with Design, Engineering, Product and Marketing teammates to find solutions that meet the needs of both the business and customers
- Rapidly prototype, build and ideate on designs informed by user needs, data, business objectives and technical capabilities; resulting in scalable advertising experiences that can be adopted by multiple groups and span across multiple channels of the business
- Provide design strategy early and often throughout projects, and communicate this across various teams and with many different roles throughout the company
- A flexible mindset that understands the needs of marketing teammates, combined with the technical ability to translate those needs into functional UX copy, designs, and seamless customer journeys throughout marketing experiences
- A portfolio of shipped work demonstrating impactful, human-centered design and leadership from strategy through execution and market introduction
- Experience creating SEO optimized design strategies, with a focus on Google Merchant Center best practices
- Mastery of standard interactive design tools like Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Principle, Figma, or similar software
- Experience leveraging customer behavior and AB testing tools, such as: Hotjar, Amplitude, Heap, Google Analytics, Optimizely, or similar software
- Experience conducting or applying agile user research, with a focus on lean usability testing and building data driven designs for applications, software, and websites
- 8+ years of experience in product, web, mobile, interaction design, or related work; eCommerce industry experience is a plus
- BA/BS and/or Masters Degree in graphic design, HCI, interaction design, related field; or equivalent industry experience and accomplishments.
Our benefits program is one of the most flexible and progressive in the country. Plus, benefits start on day one, so you have everything you need to make a stress-free transition to life at TCGplayer.
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage with the majority of the premium paid by the Company
- 100% company paid dental insurance
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- 100% company paid Family Leave
- 401k plan with 4% match
- TCGplayer stock options for all employees
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Paid trips to work with remote teammates
TCGplayer has been named a Great Place to Work five consecutive years. Our award-winning workplace culture is critical to ensuring our teams are building the best, most innovative solutions for game store owners. Learn more about working at TCGplayer.
- TCGplayer Receives $10 Million Growth Equity Investment From Radian Capital
- TCGplayer Reveals New Showcase and Pro Retail App at GAMA 2019
- TCGplayer Certified Great Place to Work Fifth Year in a Row
TCGplayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈