1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: US or Europe
At Archimedes Digital, you'll partner with professors and researchers internationally to transform the way we publish and share cultural heritage data. You'll design and create industry-leading user interfaces that span traditional 2D web and mobile environments and bridge into 3D environments with Virtual and Augmented Reality experiences.
Check out https://archimedes.digital for some examples of recent projects we've worked on to get a sense of what you'll be working on. We're a distributed team that partners internationally with archive, museums, and libraries, so if you work with us, expect to be invited for travels (such as our annual hackathon in Sicily and Egypt).
Our current opening is for a freelancer, but we expect this to continue and grow into a full-time position in the near future.
Our ideal candidate:
• Great all-round designer — your designs are beautiful in form and function
• Versatile in your design work, ideally have experience with UX design for at least one 3D platform (i.e. a 3D game or application, preferably in virtual or augmented reality)
• Are passionate about a humanities-related field and want to see the what that humanities data is published be radically different in the future
• Communicates well with professors and/or researchers
• Are self-led but highly aligned with your teammates; we develop fast, and align every 2-3 days
• Are based primarily in the UTC -8 to +1 timezones (in the northern hemisphere, that's from the West Coast on the US to Western Europe)
• Passionate about micro-interactions, performance, and accessibility — all things that lead to robust and inclusive experiences
• WordPress theming knowledge
• Experience using Middleman, or other static site generators
• Experience with other design tools like Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
• Problem solver beyond the UI, able to recommend better tools and processes for collaboration, constantly evolving your craft
• Experience working with designing and developing UIs for AR and VR
• Illustration and animation design
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!