Sr UX Researcher
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Japan Only
- Proficient in Japanese and English at a business level.
- Experience with field research in Japan, in a product development context. Hands-on experience scoping and prioritizing research questions, research planning, data gathering, analysis, summarizing, and sharing findings.
- The ability to identify the best UX research methods and tools to use depending on project objectives and constraints.
- Experience applying a range of research methods with creativity, scrappiness, and critical thinking.
- Example research methods may include observations and in-depth interviewing, usability and accessibility testing, diary studies, card sorting, eye and click tracking, surveys.
- Examples of projects where your research insights led to better-informed design decisions (e.g. to guide product roadmaps, strategy decisions).
- Familiarity with combining qualitative and quantitative data.
- The ability to clearly communicate insights and recommendations to different audiences.
- Proven ability to build relationships between disciplines and cultivate collaboration, especially on distributed or remote teams.
- Helping to define our product roadmap for APAC by understanding and advocating for international merchant needs across language, culture, and local commerce behaviours. While we may share the platform, merchant needs vary greatly around the world.
- Obtain insights for our team to build new products around international requirements, to serve merchants in new ways on the Shopify platform. We know that language, payments, and shipping products can function fundamentally differently around the world - we need you to help us consider the breadth and depth of these challenges and provide simple, scalable experiences. This may include travel and conducting field research on the ground in-market.
- Articulating research questions and priorities with multiple teams and using a range of research methods to answer those questions.
- Collaborating closely with various teams (Product, Design, Culture, Data, etc.) to help make better decisions around culture, collaboration, tools, and product roadmaps.
- Working with the team to enable the UX Research practice at Shopify to confidently incorporate an international perspective into their work.
- A culture of trust and ownership.
- An international workplace culture.
- Flexible location within +/- 2 hours of the JST time zone.
- Flexible work hours and a competitive compensation package (including equity, benefits, and perks)Benefit from a lifestyle spending account - a budget you can spend on a variety of things to help your life run smoothly, including wellness, transportation, and family care related expenses.
- Plentiful professional growth opportunities, such as conferences, training courses of your choice, books, business trips, etc.
- The best tech needed for your job
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Japan Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈