Sr. UI/UX Design Strategist
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
We are Echobind.
Echobind - recognized as a top Full Service Agency - is looking for a Senior UI/UX Design Strategist to join the team!
We are a consultancy that takes the goals of businesses and clients and translates those into Design solutions that users will love. Echobind is a company where you will be able to flex your creative muscles. Your work will have high visibility and will have a major impact both internally and externally. We are building a Design Team that will make waves and we want your talents to be part of that movement. This is a full-time remote position. You will be able to work from anywhere in the continental US, so you are required to have excellent WIFI.
You need to pull things out of clients minds - We are looking for a Designer that is a non-linear thinker that is going to think outside the box. Someone that is going to push the limits of what is possible. A person that gets so excited when a Design is done well that it makes them want to get out their chair and tell the world about it. Someone that dreams big and loves solving complex problems, then refines their work into something simple, powerful, functional, intuitive, beautiful, and unique. They understand that simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
The ideal person is someone that is naturally curious and studies the breadth of the Design landscape. They look for the connections and relationship between different forms of Design and how they can use them across each other and in their current work. They think about the big picture and how what they are working on will impact it. Flexible and open-minded, open to new ideas and ways of working.
We need a person capable to articulate why they are making certain design decisions and explain/present these decisions. They need to be able to help other non-creatives, or non-designers to develop ideas and work through problems.
We want someone that is going to challenge us and challenge themselves to create better things every day. A person that has a great attitude, positive, fun, and passionate about what they do. Must have a keen eye to detail and ability to turn research and requirements into functional, intuitive and beautiful creative Design solutions.
We have a variety of projects that range in requirements but our work is digital. The main projects will be in web or mobile space requiring lots of User interface and User experience design. So we are looking for someone that enjoys designing User Interfaces for things within the Web, Mobile, Wearable, and Voice Design space. But within those projects, there will be requirements such as:
- Brand Development
- Copy Development
- Product Strategy
In order to be successful in this role, we expect:
- Portfolio / Examples showcasing your body of work.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and analytic skills.
- Demonstrated skill as a Designer, Product Designer, UI/UX Designer.
- Exhibits strong design fundamentals: Typography, Color Theory, Composition, Grid Base Design etc.
- Exhibits solid UX fundamentals. Journey Mapping, User Flow Mapping, Experience Mapping, Service Diagrams, Affinity Mapping, Persona Development etc.
- Experience in UI Design - Web - Mobile - Desktop
- Ability to apply design solutions cross media: ie. Print, Web, Mobile, Motion..
- Capable of creating StyleScapes, MoodBoards, Wireframes (low, medium fidelity), and High Fidelity Mockups.
- Knowledge across Design types. ( ie Branding, Marketing, Packaging, Editorial )
- Knowledge about Accessibility and creating accessible designs.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proficient with UI Design tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch or Figma.
- Bonus for:
- prototyping using software such Principle, Studio, Adobe XD, After Effects.
- Ability to create custom illustrations, typography, and iconography
- Experience with Design Systems
- Experience working in an agency environment
- Competitive salary + annual bonus.
- Up to eight hours per week dedicated to "investment time". This is our way to invest in activities and projects that will make you and the agency better.
- Annual Team Summit. This is when we get together for team building and professional development - it’s a blast.
- Opportunity to attend conferences.
- Fully covered Health and Vision benefits. 99% covered dental insurance.
- 401k program with company matching (4%).
- Annual Home Office Stipend.
- Charity matching.
- Three (3) weeks paid vacation
- Seven (7) paid holidays in 2021
- Three (3) weeks paid leave for any new parent plus three (3) additional time if you give birth or adopt.
Echobind’s work comes from a group of human beings who have different perspectives, backgrounds, educations, lifestyles, and leanings. Our work is better because of these differences, not in spite of them. Echobind is happily an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We’ll always welcome people to apply with us regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈