Sr. Product Designer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
We are hiring a Senior Product Designer to help design the future of Slack. Designers serve a vital role here: from creating the experience of new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, love collaboration and feedback, and have a solid collection of animated gifs. Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
- Collaborate closely with Design and Product Leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area.
- Partner with engineering to ensure that our implementation and user experience is of high-quality.
- Use and evolve our design system in order to design flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features.
- Create and iterate on features that drive an understanding of how to use Slack successfully.
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team.
- Work in close collaboration with Design Leadership to inform and improve design processes.
- Interview new Product Designers and actively inform our inclusive design hiring process.
- 5+ years of experience in an individual contributor role, on a Product Design team for desktop or mobile.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design, and Ideation.
- Solid understanding of how to create usable, accessible, and modular designs that can scale to millions of users.
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Experience partnering with Product Managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (especially if you love to use emoji 😎)
- Bonus: Experience designing for iterative and experimental features
Slack is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Slack is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈