Service Designer (Growth Portfolio)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Note: Applications by coaches and/or general consultants will not be considered. Individual applicants with clear experience will be contacted following successful application review.
Strategyzer's success depends on its stellar people. We help leading companies around the world build new engines of growth based on our proven methodology and technology-enabled services.
We are a Swiss success story that has global impact and reach with a fully distributed team that works remotely across over 12 countries. Our team contributes directly to the unique company culture we have today and is committed to transforming traditional management practices to build a truly great place to work.
Strategyzer is seeking an accomplished Service Designer to help lead the productization of our flagship enterprise service, the Growth Portfolio. The Growth Portfolio relies on complex interactions with every part of Strategyzer's business: leadership consulting, hands-on coaching, training, and technology. The Service Designer will ensure each aspect of the Growth Portfolio is bonded and that the customer's experience from end-to-end is cohesive. The Service Designer should have the skills to manage stakeholders and influence key activities and resources to help systematize our emerging, premiere value proposition.
You will be hands-on as we scale up and transform our organization into an even better place to work.
Team members at Strategyzer enjoy:
- World-Class Team: Be part of a highly visible, globally recognized organization, and contribute to a paradigm shift in strategy and innovation in the world's leading enterprises.
- Strong Company Culture: We strive to create an environment with strong psychological safety, and frequent feedback structures, to allow our people to do their best work.
- Flexible Working: Work from anywhere globally, or from our physical office hubs in Toronto, Canada, or Zurich, Switzerland. We offer flex hours for our team to work when they are most productive.
- Growth Allowance: Professional and personal development are vital at Strategyzer. All team members get an annual growth allowance for conferences, courses, certifications, coaching, and more. We also include an annual book allowance.
The Service Designer should have the skills to manage stakeholders and influence key activities and resources to help systematize our emerging, premiere value proposition.
Your mission is to…
- Collaborate across multiple internal teams, external partners, and coaches to align stakeholders and their respective contributions.
- Design a cohesive and stable Growth Portfolio program ready for repeatable service delivery.
- Guide the standardization of program materials, resources, activities, and guidelines to simplify the customer experience.
- Synchronize roadmaps with Strategyzer's software platform, to ensure our technology is robustly utilized.
- Connect a seamless customer experience with Strategyzer's operations and business strategy.
- Produce and manage tools and documentation which help systematize decision-making and stakeholder alignment.
- Ensure that customers measurably scale their engagements with Strategyzer in the next 12 months.
Your work will have a big impact…
- Strategyzer's customers will benefit from better, more connected programs that amplify the Growth Portfolio's value proposition.
- A stronger Growth Portfolio will unleash the potential of the teams we serve.
- Our customers will create stronger, less risky business models ready to scale.
- Our customers will be strengthened with tools and capabilities which power their innovation and transformation into invincible companies.
- Strategyzer's methods and infrastructure will be embedded in some of the world's greatest companies.
- Strategyzer will be more connected and positioned for scale.
You will immediately contribute in the following ways:
1. Map the big picture and tactical details.
The successful candidate will be responsible for mapping and managing the big picture. Where stakeholder priorities and projects vary, you will help each contextualize their contributions and make decisions that consider the greater system. You will develop and maintain guiding artifacts and documentation to reinforce stakeholder alignment.
The Service Designer will establish a clear and comprehensive understanding of the environments our programs and services are delivered, customer jobs, and any relevant dynamics.
2. Steward of our customer's experience.
Translation and pattern matching will be critical to success. Your mandate will be to help shape a customer experience which is contextual, fluid, and familiar. As the steward of the customer's experience, your greatest challenge will be to channel expert contributions and sequence explorations to maintain existing deliveries while optimizing for continuous improvement.
Growth Portfolio customers are also varied. We work with emerging innovation practices and highly-developed corporate transformation teams. Most companies already use Strategyzer's well-known tools and methods. Today, a growing number are engaging Strategyzer to deliver programs that embed those tools and methods, and reinforce scalable, measurable innovation ecosystems.
3. Successful cross-functional collaboration.
You will collaborate actively with every part of Strategyzer's team. Your successful translation and coordination of requirements and insights from sales and marketing, coaching, customer success, content, legal, technology, and leadership will help you blueprint a service ready for world-class delivery.
The Growth Portfolio relies on complex interactions with every part of Strategyzer's business. Its various operations are distributed and evolving. Our network of coaches facilitate the Growth Portfolio's sprints, our Customer Success team manages end-to-end delivery, the expert content teams produce critical exercises and training, and our digital platform enables a connected, scalable experience.
All potential candidates will be scored on the following competencies.
1. You strive to be a great human being.
We want world-class human beings who:
- Strive to show deep care and empathy for your team members.
- Have strong integrity and morals that drive your accountability.
- Are open-minded to the views of others, and constantly work to improve themselves for the betterment of the whole team.
2. You perform at the highest level.
These are the technical qualifications we require:
- Mastery of service design method.
- Track-record of service delivery [transformation] excellence.
- Experience managing complex projects.
- Familiarity with corporate innovation and transformation.
- Familiarity with Strategyzer methodologies (Business Model Canvas, Value Proposition Canvas, etc…).
3. You are a great collaborator.
Collaboration is key to our success as a team. We want a Service Designer who is or has:
- Incredibly hungry and wants to make an impact with our team.
- A customer-first approach to delivering value.
- Enthusiastic about learning our methodologies and tools--especially the Team Alignment Map, Team Contract, and Culture Map.
- Able to weave between autonomous and collaborative working styles.
- A strong writer and communicator for a fully remote, global environment.
- Not afraid to iterate on an idea or prototype if it means we create better value.
- Able to focus on the bigger picture while paying close attention to the final details that will get us to success.
- Is open to constructive conflict and can navigate challenging feedback.
How We Hire At Strategyzer
We pride ourselves on a robust, fair, and diversity-focused recruitment process. The following steps allow us to find the best fit for this role. Finding the right person is much more important to us than adhering to any deadline, and therefore we will keep this position open until we fill it with the perfect match for us.
Step 1 - Intro to Candidate
Upload your CV in PDF format.
Create a 4-minute LOOM video intro of yourself answering the following questions:
- What are your career goals?
- What are you not good at or not interested in doing professionally?
- How do you understand the essence of this role, and how would you approach it?
Step 2 - Interviews
- Skills + technical fit interviews
- Reference interviews
- Cultural fit interviews
Step 3 - Working Challenge
Step 4 - Offer
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈