(Senior) Visual Designer
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Multiple locations
We are looking for a talented visual designer with agency or in-house design team experience. You have crafted imaginative advertising campaigns, defined design systems and collaborated with talented content owners. Come join our distributed team of creatives and help us build a fun, quirky and memorable brand.
Please note that a portfolio is mandatory for consideration. We appreciate your understanding.
This is a distributed role to be located in one of our entity countries including (and in no particular order) USA, Canada, the Netherlands, UK, Germany, France, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Spain, Denmark, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan, Australia, or Singapore.
- Work closely with our Product Marketing, Demand Generation and Content teams to develop and design campaigns to promote Elastic the company, build our brand as well as promoting our products
- From icons, typography and color palette to illustration and photography, you will know how the pieces come together and why. Enforce design standards, curate asset libraries and enforce brand integrity
- Support internal partners through clear guidelines, assets and creative problem solving
- This can include both internal and external initiatives like events, product launches, training and company culture
- 6+ years of working as part of design teams at creative agencies or in-house. This is not an entry-level or associate role
- You have strong art skills. You must be a doodler and a storyteller. Concept sketches are a must when working with our content team and copywriters. Icons? No problem, you’ve been there and done that
- Strong portfolio with examples of advertising campaigns, design systems and asset creation. Breadth is important to us. (mandatory)
- You have mastered all the usual Adobe tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Mandatory emphasis on Illustrator
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups and defend your design decisions
- Prior experience working in the technology industry. You enjoy learning about new technologies and are able to collaborate with Product Marketers as well as Product Managers and Engineers
- Understand business goals, product roadmaps and user insights to translate into clear design priorities for yourself
- We also use Sketch to design web pages and ads. Yes, presentation tools like Keynote will be used
- Stay current with the latest design and technology trends across web, desktop, and mobile platforms, and adopt modern techniques as appropriate
- Ability to uphold responsiveness and collaboration in a remote environment. You are an organized self starter with strong communication skills. Being part of a distributed team requires proactive communication and sometimes even oversharing
- Experience with animation/video production process. Working with writers to develop storyboards.
- After Effects: You enjoy bringing stories to life with animation. Maybe just fun, animated gifs. It’s all good.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Multiple locations .
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈