(Senior) Visual Designer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Job Title: Senior Visual Designer
Position: Full-Time Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
About Hello Alice:
Hello Alice is leading a movement to connect small business owners and entrepreneurs to the resources they need to grow and scale their companies, regardless of industry, geography, capitalization, prior experience or cultural constraints. We’re a passionate team building a rapidly growing, predictive technology that supports over 300,000 small business owners from all 50 states and beyond through our free digital platform, helloalice.com. Hello Alice serves all entrepreneurs, and we wholeheartedly believe that if New Majority business owners — women, people of color, those with military connection, the LGBTQ+ community, entrepreneurs with disabilities, founders from small towns, and immigrants — are provided better access to resources, they can change the world, positively impact our economy, and generate jobs for all. Hello Alice is a Series A-backed company with solid financials and a notable list of investors.
Hello Alice is a fully remote team, so all locations are considered.
Hello Alice is hiring a senior designer with branding and web design experience. You will work on a collaborative team to produce brand materials that delight and inform, from engagement campaigns to web upkeep to digital and print collateral, all while honoring and adding to a NEW (not yet launched!) and extensive in-house brand system.
In this role, you’ll report to the brand director.
Role and Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be working on day-to-day, but as a nimble organization that puts our small business community at the forefront, flexibility is key, and other responsibilities may arise.
- You will work cross-functionally to conceive and implement design deliverables as part of a collaborative creative team.
- You’ll strategically build upon and maintain the new Hello Alice visual brand system.
- You’ll work with the marketing team to design and implement marketing campaigns, social media collateral and support material for the sales and marketing teams, both print and digital.
- You’ll help to update and maintain the Hello Alice marketing site, so UX knowledge for web and mobile is ideal.
- You’ll stay abreast of current design trends and tools, as well as opportunities for audience engagement.
- You’ll provide guidance to junior designers, so a helpful mentoring mindset is needed.
- Illustration and/or motion graphics skillsets are fantastic but not required.
Who We’re Looking For:
We love diversity, but these are some of the characteristics that thrive in this role.
- Excited by Possibility: We’re building a brand and a product that’s never existed for an audience unlike any other. We can make big ideas come true not just for our audience but for our team. Grow your portfolio. Make exciting things. Change how people think about brands and what it’s like to interact with one.
- Self-Starter: We’re a fast-paced team that likes to think outside the box, so dig in to never-been-done-before projects, and figure out who can best help you execute.
- Data-Driven Problem Solver: Synthesize complex or diverse information, then use intuition and experience to design the right workflow and solution. You won’t always be right, but you’ll apply those learnings going forward.
- Default to Action: Time is of the essence as we work to solve the barriers for our business owners, so our team prioritizes quick decisions based on sound judgment. It’s also how we learn quickly, gather the right information, and refine our solutions.
- Respect, Always: Building a business is an emotional experience, so it’s important to always respond promptly and kindly to our small business owners. Actively solicit owner feedback, and anticipate their needs by getting to know them and their communities. Internally, our team communicates often, respectfully challenges one another to build the best outcomes, and works as a collaborative team to leverage our unique strengths.
- Professional, but Human: Write clearly and informatively, edit always for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively, and show up on time, with a prepared agenda. Lead the team, no matter your position, and exemplify the hard work and grit exhibited by the small business community we support. We’re also human, so we believe in enjoying the journey and keeping it fun. There’s always a place for kind-hearted humor and witty observations.
- Creative Planning: Your workflow won’t be heavily managed here, so it’s up to you to keep track of your deliverables and commitments however is most effective for your work and your team.
- Be Scrappy: We operate with an entrepreneurial mindset, testing and iterating, and starting with small budgets to prove our theories. Every team member contributes to profits and revenue and is responsible for optimizing organizational resources, whether it’s time, money, or energy. We love to do a lot with a little, but aren’t afraid to invest when an idea shows traction.
- Small Business Advocate: You have a passion for small businesses and have an understanding of their unique needs and challenges.
- Passion for Detail: You are always considering the Hello Alice brand and its connected experiences from every angle — visual, experiential and otherwise, and owning every nuance down to the pixel.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in Design (e.g., graphic, visual communications, interaction) or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Very strong visual design aesthetic and problem-solving skills with a portfolio to prove it
- 5+ years of experience working with design systems in print and digital formats
- Experience in a leadership role working with other designers
- Experience in Wordpress or similar CMS
- Sensitivity to accessibility for all users
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Scrum experience a plus
- HTML and CSS knowledge a plus
- Productivity tools - Email, Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Design tools - Adobe CC, Figma
- Agile/project management tools (Ex. Trello, Jira, Wrike)
Our company values are important to us. We’ve shared them with you as someone interested in joining our team.
INNOVATE ALWAYS. Seek out unique perspectives, diverse experiences, and disconnected dots. These are the seeds of big ideas and exceeded expectations, made even better through constant collaboration.
EMBRACE FAILURE. Learn from the inevitable failures that result from innovation, and move forward quickly with a pioneering spirit. Champion the doers, celebrate their contributions to the team, and don't shy away from difficult conversations.
DRIVE THE MISSION FORWARD. Everything we do is through the inclusive lens of helping all business owners launch and grow, regardless of who they are or where they come from. Hold yourself to the highest standards of quality and equality in everything you do.
EVERYONE TAKES OUT THE TRASH. No task is too small for the success of our company or our owners. Always be thoughtful and practice extreme kindness toward our team, partners, and owners.
SIMPLIFY AND COMMIT. Maintain a bias toward efficiency, acting quickly and testing often. Recognize the opportunity cost of every decision, commit to deadlines, be on time, and search for simple, smart solutions.
Hello Alice is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈