Senior UX/UI Design Engineer (Remote/EU)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
We're seeking a Senior UX/UI Design Engineer who can empathize with technical users to define the future of performance management of modern technologies and businesses. As part of a small team at a quickly growing startup, the role requires involvement in all steps of the design process.
You will be spearheading a new effort to increase UI level consistency and usability across product areas.
As part of both the front-end engineering and product design communities this role requires involvement in design and engineering processes; from establishing a design system to implementation and maintenance of the component library.
This role involves close collaboration with product management and engineering, from product understanding to implementation. And as one of the early members of the design enablement team, there is the opportunity to define and establish best practices and workflow.
Please include a link to your UI design portfolio(s) and public code repository.
- Improves and maintains shared components libraries for product design and front-end engineering
- Develops and maintains understanding of customer and stakeholder UI pain points
- Produces and implements UI components and visual assets
- Facilitates creation and improvement of design system
- Has significant experience working with Framer, Sketch and Figma
- Has a technical background in frontend engineering or web development
- Good ReactJS (ES6+) skills
- Good UI/interaction design skills
- Experience with UI design components libraries (Sketch, Figma, or similar)
- Experience with UI development component libraries (styleguidist, storybook, or similar)
- Experience with canvas rendering, transition/animation and data visualization libraries (d3js, …) is a plus
- Experience with design system paradigms (Atomic design, …) is a plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work with multiple teams
- Ability to work independently and prioritize/organize backlog
- Develops and maintains understanding of users, their pain points, and workflows
- Facilitates and establishes user-centered, problem driven design with all disciplines
- Works lightweight usability testing and short iterations into day-to-day
We have a partially remote team, and are currently hiring from:
If you prefer to work out of an office, you're welcome to join us in one of our product hubs in Berlin, Düsseldorf, Munich, Novi Sad.
Please include a link to your UI design portfolio(s) and public code repository. We look forward to hearing from you!
As the leading provider of Application Performance Management solutions for containerized microservice applications, Instana applies automation and artificial intelligence to deliver the visibility needed to effectively manage the performance of today's dynamic applications across the DevOps lifecycle. Founded by Application Monitoring veterans, Instana provides true AI-powered APM to help organizations deliver high performance applications today and in the future. Visit us at https://instana.com to learn more.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈