Senior Tech Artist
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Higharc is a stealth-stage, VC-backed startup that is changing how new homes are designed and built. Join a founding team who've shipped products for Autodesk, Electronic Arts, Nike, and Apple.
ABOUT THE JOB
Higharc is growing its team to help build a powerful interactive home design platform that transforms how homes are designed and built. As a Senior Technical Artist at Higharc, you'll get the chance to develop custom 3D tools and pipelines to represent the homes in this groundbreaking technology. This role reports to the Director of Visualization and will work with our artists and programmers to guide our content development and high quality visualization and rendering pipelines based on our proprietary home generation technology.
- Develop custom workflows using scripts and coded tools solutions for the visualization team
- Integrate off the shelf and custom applications into an efficient production pipeline
- Maintain the integrity of art content pipelines by identifying inefficiencies and recommending and implementing improvements
- Troubleshoot key pipeline issues and solve core problems in cooperation with the development team
- Facilitate technical art communication across disciplines by providing clear and constructive feedback and guidance
- Collaborate with the team to promote innovation and refine the visual quality of the Higharc platform
- 3+ years in a technical artist role in a games/film/television/visualization related industry
- Strong understanding of asset pipelines and agile development environments
- Tech-fluency in at least one development language, such as Python, C#, Java, Perl, MEL or MAXScript
- Expert-level familiarity with at least one or more industry level DCC applications such as Max, Maya, Houdini, Blender, Modo, Substance Painter, Substance Designer or Photoshop
- Experience working in 3D game engines (Unreal preferred)
- Professional experience with developing tools for rendering management and/or environment art creation and workflows
- Strong knowledge of physically based shading and lighting
- Proven track record of professional content development, including shipping one or more products using digital content creation tools
- Excellent communication, documentation, and organizational skills
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your technical artwork
Nice to haves
- Broad interest in real-time rendering technologies and art asset creation tools
- Experience with procedurally created or generated content
- Worked with cinematic, cut-scenes, or high quality offline rendering teams and pipelines
- Experience in managing rendering, run-time analytics, and optimization
- Background in architecture, interior or industrial design
Higharc has been remote-first since our founding in 2018. We offer flexible hours so that you do your best work without missing out on life. Higharc offers competitive salaries with significant equity in a fast-growing, well-funded company. Personal healthiness is an important value for us - we provide comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with unlimited PTO, and meaningful maternity/paternity leave. You'll also have access to other big-company benefits like short and long-term disability plans and a 401k. Haven't worked remotely before? We provide a stipend to help you create the ideal home-office.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈