Senior Product Designer, Secure
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
This Senior Product Designer position for our Secure stage group is 100% remote.
A brief overview:
GitLab is building an open source, single application for the entire DevOps lifecycle—from project planning and source code management to CI/CD, monitoring, and security.
We started 2019 with a team of 15 Product Designers and Researchers. Right now, we’re in a period of growth, we’re doubling the size of the UX team, and we’re doubling the number of GitLab employees to over 1000 this year, too.
At GitLab, we live and breathe open source principles. This means our entire handbook is online, and with a few clicks, you can find the details of future releases and an overview of the product vision you’d contribute to when working here.
The goal of GitLab’s Secure stage group is to support users in prioritizing, managing, and solving any security issue that may affect their environment or application.
What you can expect in a Senior Product Designer, Secure role at GitLab:
- You'll help improve the overall experience of our product through research and design.
- You'll work with Product Managers to define the product goals, roadmap, and strategy for our Secure stage group.
- You’ll work alongside UX Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers to iterate on new features within the GitLab product.
- You’ll communicate your design thinking and ideas through wireframes, prototypes, user flows, mockups, and hi-fidelity visual designs.
- You’ll engage with our user base and the wider GitLab community to understand their pain points and work toward long-term fixes that enable them to succeed with their goals.
- You’ll undertake usability testing to validate your thinking, collaborate with our UX Researchers on generative research, and you’ll share findings with the wider team, ensuring recommendations are communicated effectively across our organization.
- You’ll contribute to our Design System, alongside the rest of the UX team and the GitLab community as a whole.
- You’ll shape the processes within our design team and help guide our approach to DesignOps.
Projects you might work on in our Secure stage group:
You’ll join the team at an early stage, collaborating with a cross-functional team, helping to build out static analysis and dynamic analysis features, dashboards, and a UX strategy, for our users in the security and software engineering industry.
You should apply if:
- You’ve got at least a few years of experience designing developer tools, enterprise software, or complex web applications.
- You’re experienced working at a senior level within a product design team
- You’ll bring a deep level of enterprise security knowledge to the team
- You're driven to design a world-class product for the security industry
- You enjoy getting involved in research and usability testing, and you continually look to improve your user research abilities.
- You want to design for a complex product with technical users who have continually evolving needs.
- You’ve got a portfolio of work that shows us your product design skills across user research, UX strategy, wireframing, prototyping, product strategy, and visual design.
- The idea of playing a key part in the evolution of our Pajamas Design System is truly exciting to you.
- You’re comfortable with frontend code. You can demonstrate this through your hands-on coding skills with HTML/CSS/JS, or by showing us you have a deep understanding of the needs of engineers you’ve worked with previously.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
What it’s like to work here at GitLab:
The culture here at GitLab is something we’re incredibly proud of. Because GitLabbers are currently located in 51 different countries, you’ll spend your time collaborating with kind, talented, and motivated colleagues from across the globe.
Some of the benefits you’ll be entitled to vary by the region or country you’re in. However, all GitLabbers are fully remote and receive a "no ask, must tell" paid-time-off policy, where we don’t count the number of days you take off annually. You can work incredibly flexible hours, enabled by our asynchronous approach to communication. Also, every year or so, we’ll invite you to our Contribute event.
Our hiring process for this Senior Product Designer position typically follows five stages. The details of this process, and the compensation for this role can be found at the bottom of our job family page.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!