Senior Product Designer - Acquisition/On boarding
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic and social opportunities worldwide. Every year, almost $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who prefer the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? That’s the future of work. Come help us build it.
This position is remote, and can be based in AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, MD, MA, MI, MN, MT, NV, OR, TN, or PA
Upwork is looking for a Senior Product Designer who is enthusiastic about solving complex problems with the user at their heart. You will help drive experiences focusing on helping users find the best matches for their needs, working closely with product and engineering to create high quality and easy-to-use products that help our users achieve their goals and take their businesses to the next level. Working with our cross-functional team, you’ll define mental models and uncover ways to use the connections and interdependencies across our product to create flexible and powerful user experiences. You’ll also get to support our mission of creating economic opportunities so people have better lives.
This role requires curiosity, critical thinking, an ability to think abstractly and a thoughtful approach to problem solving.
- Collaborate with user researchers, product managers, data scientists, developers, and other designers to frame problems and take ideas from ideation through implementation
- Demonstrate high quality design practices by ensuring decisions are made with appropriate user insight and follow existing UX/UI systems while making well-informed decisions to create new patterns
- Lead projects through an end to end design process: research, ideation, strategy, information architecture, interaction design, launch and testing.
- Build a variety of design assets to communicate your concepts to a broad range of partners and end users; ranging from strategy and experience concepts to detailed design systems and assets
- Work closely with developers to deliver a polished final product
- Mentor members of the design team
- 3+ years experience in industry experience as a UX designer dedicated to the complete UX design and development lifecycle of several successfully launched desktop or mobile applications
- Experience at crafting experiences across multiple channels and operating systems including desktop and mobile.
- Must be self-motivated, excellent communicator, comfortable following direction, and able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines
- Able to successfully lead all aspects of a project from start to finish
- ***Portfolio is required***
- Solving complex problems is why you get up in the morning
- Experience in working closely with and using data science to create stronger and more relevant user experiences
- You thrive working in collaborative work environments and are able to work creatively with remote team members.
- Strong work ethic with the drive and willingness to focus and commit
- A passionate advocate for crafting high-quality designs that deliver memorable experiences that users will love.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Santa Clara and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Build amazing teams, Put community first and, Bias towards action. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!