(Senior) Product Designer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Germany Only
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be because we have been in their position. That's where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieving what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It's the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or permanently remote from any location. Wherever your working location of choice will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in-person) and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
Regarding candidates who want to relocate to Hamburg: Due to COVID, our offices are temporarily closed. We will invite you to start working with us from your current location for the time being. Once the borders are reopened, and the Embassies accept visa applications again, we will initiate the relocation process to Hamburg. Until then, you will be invited to work with us remotely with a temporary contract.
- Shape the next generation of tools that empower small businesses to build their online presence and achieve success
- Own and drive forward a variety of initiatives by applying and advocating for design thinking
- Work closely with other designers, user researchers, engineers, data analysts, and product managers in a collaborative space to deliver the best user experience and products
- Oversee the user experience of products from conception through launch as well as ongoing iterations
- Ensure a high-quality design by continuously giving and soliciting feedback from other designers and stakeholders
- Continue to refine your craft through collaboration within a diverse team
- Solve problems by generating and iterating on multiple solutions
- Work within incremental shipping cadences
- Fluent in lean UX methodologies and user-centered design. Advocating the user-centric approach into the product development process.
- 5+ years of relevant experience designing digital products, with a proven track record of success
- Experience working within cross-functional teams, leveraging data and qualitative feedback, to manage the design of products from idea to release with an iterative approach
- Ability to define problems, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the development process
- Tendency toward proaction to identify problems, customer needs, and opportunities to improve products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong collaboration skills across disciplines to create change that positively impacts products and teams
- Ability to manage and contribute to multiple projects at once
- You have experience working with qualitative and quantitative user data
Seri An would be happy to receive your application.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We're a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈