Senior Product Designer
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
Postscript is building the world’s greatest remote organization by modernizing how brands communicate with consumers. We’ve created a best-in-class SMS marketing tool used by thousands of happy ecommerce stores. Backed by Y Combinator and Accomplice VC, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help scale the company.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to help us in pushing our user experience to the next level. You’ll be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from prototyping the product experience, pairing with engineering during development, creating pixel-perfect designs, and working with customers to understand gaps in the user experience. You will have tremendous responsibility over the vision, design, and functionality of the Postscript product.
In this role, you will utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills. Perhaps even more importantly, as the first product designer on our team you will establish and lead our product design culture and processes. You will have a significant influence on our product and team that will translate to lasting impact for our customers.
- Design for Postscript’s core product experience across our web application, our customers’ store fronts, and other platforms
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and translate them into something useful and valuable for our rapidly growing customer base
- Design and communicate your vision to the team using mock-ups, documentation, and prototypes
- Advocate for consistently great user experience across our platform by representing our users in product strategy and roadmap discussions
- Help grow the product design team by actively partaking in hiring and mentoring responsibilities
- Give, solicit, and take feedback from other designers and engineers to grow individually and raise the bar for excellence in the Postscript team
- Understand and own success metrics for relevant product areas
- Participate and shape the design team’s culture by helping define best practices and standardizing processes
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping world-class products across various platforms
- A portfolio of design projects that shows a deep understanding of design process and strong craft skills
- Experience working closely with product engineering teams
- Experience building processes around rapid design iteration and design collaboration
- Previous experience working in an early-stage software startup
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX process, including wire-framing, prototyping, user research, and design systems
- Experience with modern design tools
What we’ll love about you
- You love early stage companies and being responsible for owning and improving a new, fast-growing product and user experience
- You’re excited to work a fully-remote team
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to articulate your design decisions and how they relate to the problem you’re solving
- You have a keen sense of how to prioritize your projects and time
- You have deep empathy for users and a passion for solving their problems
- You passionate about mentorship for junior designers
- You’re nice–no room for jerks on this team
What you’ll love about us
- Happy customers who want our product and happy team members who love our company
- Opportunity to join a rocket ship in its early stages
- Growth - we empower our people then get out of their way
- Fun - we're passionate and enjoy what we do
- Transparency - we’re open about the state of the business and value feedback loops at every level
- Empathy - we care about our employees and our customers - no room for jerks
- Remote culture - work from home (or wherever)
- Above market compensation, including equity, unlimited PTO + health, dental, vision insurance
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!