(Senior) Product Designer
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Plex is a fast-growing company founded from the ground up on a remote working culture. We provide the number one solution for discovery, enrichment, and watching all of your media in one place. Plex offers an extensive catalog of Movie and Shows On Demand, over 120 Live OTT Channels, support for OTA antennas and DVR, and streaming your personal media. Plex is widely available on mobile devices, TVs, set-top boxes, game consoles, and desktop platforms. We are looking for a talented Product Designer to join our Product Design Team and utilize their skills to help shape the future of how users interact with the media they care about.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team and contribute to the evolving Plex’s product offering with a dedicated focus on user experience, our design system development, and some familiarity with connected TV application UIs. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in shaping the direction of how users discover and engage with the media that interests them. You will be collaborating with our product managers, UX designers, and engineers to design new features and contribute to our design system of all platforms including web, mobile, and TV device UIs.
As a Lead Product Designer at Plex, you will:
- Take the lead to think holistically about complex systems, empathize with customers, and understand the business goals to create compelling and effective user experiences
- Evaluate and define the platforms role (mobile, desktop, and TVs) and experience for new feature development
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of design foundation in both UI (interaction, visual) and UX (user research, analysis, information architecture, wireframing)
- Collaborate with engineers from each platform on pixel-perfect execution
- Provide and receive design criticism constructively and have appreciation for its importance within the design process
- Develop proficiency in designing for multiple devices and platforms
- Live and breathe design, lead design initiatives, and coach junior designers
- 5+ years experience shipping products used on multiple platforms and devices
- Mastery of current design software (Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, ...)
- Exceptional design foundation in both UI (interaction, visual) and UX (user research, analysis, information architecture, wireframing)
- Process-oriented but agile: the ability to quickly translate requirements into designs that are both functional and beautiful
- Proficiency in insight-driven decision making (from data and user behavior)
- A portfolio demonstrating a clean visual aesthetic and strong eye for detail
- Entrepreneurial mindset and proactive approach
- Exceptional design system experience
Bonus Points for:
- Experience designing TV UIs
- Experience leading a team of designers
- UX Writing
At Plex, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can truly be their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Plex is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈