Senior Product Designer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
In today’s software-centric economy, speed is everything. Before Sauce, testing took too long, it was tedious, expensive to maintain and placed focus only on monotonous infrastructure issues. With Sauce, developers are free to innovate and accelerate their software development cycles, improve quality, deploy with confidence and reduce costs. Our automated testing cloud allows our customers the ability to deliver a flawless digital experience to their customers by ensuring the web and mobile applications people use every day work on any browser or device. We call that automated testing, but you’ll probably just call it awesome!
Sauce Labs is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team and strengthen our commitment to user-focused product development. Our customers are some of the world’s most well-known brands, creating software and services for millions of users. With little precedent to follow, we rely on application metrics and meticulous research to succeed in this rapidly changing market.
In this role, you will be partnering closely with various product managers in charge of distinct product capabilities as well as broad, cross-product initiatives. Product Design is the intelligence that keeps an eye on the holistic user-journey all along the way. You care deeply about how the products you work on support our users, and can clearly define and advocate for their needs.
- Work closely with product managers and product teams to define, design and deploy Sauce Labs offerings in the CI/CD space
- Work jointly with Product Marketing and Technical Content teams to imagine and create high-quality customer experiences beyond the bounds of product features
- Collaborate with the UX Researcher and Visual Designer assigned to your product teams to deliver high quality experiences
- Connect regularly with the broader design org, participating constructively in each others’ work
- Conduct in-depth interviews with current and potential customers
- Partner with product managers on planning
- Contribute to design-led initiatives that help the company grow: improve our design system, streamline our work-flow, grow the design team
- 8+ years designing web applications for B2B or B2C
- A degree, preferably in the humanities
- A portfolio we can review online
- Experience contributing throughout the software product design process: from discovery and user research to high-fidelity designs, engineering specs and usability testing.
- Deeply experienced in the activities UX design in particular: wireframes, user story mapping, conceptual design, flow charts, pencil sketches, screen mock-ups
- Self-organized and proactive: you will be expected to coordinate your work and the work of other designers on your product team.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- The ability to design for an internal audience is critical. You must be able to write well and create diagrams and other visual documents that help keep the team aligned to the same goals.
- You are an effective facilitator. You incline to action over discussion and are excited to break out your design-thinking tool-kit and keep the team moving forward. When others are debating, you are considering which 2x2 matrix you can use to help the team reach a conclusion in time for lunch.
Nice To Haves:
- Skill or past experience as a graphic designer
- Comfortable with data: can look at mixpanel or other product metrics and propose ideas that could lead to improved user experiences
Security responsibilities at Sauce: At Sauce, we will commit to supporting the health and safety of employees and properties, partnering with internal stakeholders to learn and act on ever-evolving security protocols and procedures. You’ll be expected to fully comply with all policies and procedures related to security at the department and org wide level and exercise a ‘security first’ approach to how we design, build & run our products and services.
Sauce Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity/expression/status, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈