Senior Product Designer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Who are we?
Interested in joining a start-up that champions independent vintage furniture design? A company where "Sustainability" is not just a marketing term - but something that’s at the heart of the business model. Do you have a passion for interior and design trends as well as the wider zeitgeist?
Vinterior is on a mission to become the most loved brand for vintage-lovers across the globe. In less than four years, we have become the leading vintage marketplace in the UK. With a community of over 1,800 vintage sellers that power 180,000 vintage products on the platform.
We are currently seeking a talented Senior Product Designer to help build the design discipline in our product team and create a first-class shopping experience on our site. This is a great role for someone who wants to be involved during a critical stage of the company, there will be plenty of opportunities to make this role your own and leave your mark.
About the Product team:
We’re currently a team of 7, comprising of 4 Full Stack Engineers, 2 Senior Full Stack Engineers and the Head of Engineering.
We love to experiment and are currently working in 6 week cycles similar to the process documented in the book Shape up by Basecamp.
Product problems we’re solving:
- Helping our sellers to grow. Our sellers range from single person businesses to large organisations. Our aim is to empower them to be the best sellers out there, grow their businesses and become their favourite online platform in the process.
- Discoverability. As our inventory has continues to grow, the tools required to find that perfect item on Vinterior also need to improve. This is a big problem domain for us and it ranges from developing a best in class search experience to working on improving our recommendations engine and our product creation flows.
What you will do?
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and shape them into something valuable that can be delivered within a 6-week cycle.
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and meet our brand guidelines.
- Help us uncover what a great product design and development process looks like at Vinterior.
- Help to raise an awareness, understanding and appreciation of design at Vinterior.
- Contribute to high-level product decisions with the rest of leadership team.
- Leading or contributing to small cross functional squads (engineering, marketing, customer experience) working on product initiatives from idea until launch.
- Hire future product designers.
We’re looking for people that:
- Have 5+ years professional experience as a product designer
- Have an online portfolio which demonstrates your UX and visual design flair
- Have demonstrated experience with end-to-end (UX and UI) product design for the web
- Collaborate and communicate very well. Strong writing skills would be particularly valuable.
- Love learning
Bonus points if you have any of the following:
- Experience with front-end programming (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Worked in a startup
- Worked in a remote team
- Experience managing software projects
- Experience setting up the product design function at a startup (including managing and hiring other product designers)
We are ambitious, hard-working, and dedicated to our mission. We know that building a global market leader will be hard, and we are excited about the challenges that we will encounter on the way. We do not give up.
We voice our opinions whatever our title or tenure. We speak openly and challenge each other directly in the pursuit of self-growth and development. We value impact over ‘looking good’.
We hold ourselves to high standards, especially when it comes to offering the best service and product to our customers.
We are curious and insatiable learners. We experiment, share our failures openly and celebrate our successes with pride. We move fast, fail fast, learn fast.
We are excited to be part of a fast-moving business. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, like the thrill of constant change, can cope with the ups and downs that come with the startup journey then join us on this exciting adventure.
Here is a link to our mission, purpose and values.
Please make sure you share all of them before applying as it is crucial for us to bring into the team people sharing these values. Please note that it will be a big part of the discussion in our interview process.
What to expect when you apply:
- You can expect to hear back from us within hours/days.
- We will organise a few calls to talk you through the role and learn more about you and your experience. The calls will be with our Head of Engineering and our VP of Brand.
- There will be a culture and values assessment with our Founders.
- If all goes well we will make an offer to you as soon as possible. When we see the right person we want to hire them.
Training budget for workshops, online training, conferences etc.
Book library (physical and Audible) for all employees.
31 days holiday a year (incl. UK bank holidays). Unpaid leave is also available.
Employee discount on products.
3 days of learning time every cycle (2 months). We regularly hold knowledge sharing sessions within the team.
The salary range for this role is 60K to 80k plus options.
Our team is spread between the UK, France and the Netherlands. Being remote does not mean being isolated, we love doing social events and we communicate everyday, so you will not feel alone!
We operate under GMT office times, if you are not based in the UK, we expect you to be fully available at these time. We trust our team to work with full focus and have stable internet connection.
No recruitment consultants please. Visa Sponsorship not available.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈