Senior Product Designer
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and living, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 contactless service, professional cleanings that exceed CDC recommendations, and over 200 other quality standards, we’re taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started in 2014, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
A dedication to world class technology and operations, combined with a firm belief in the value of design, has today delivered over 5,000 Sonder spaces around the world, each powered by extraordinary guest-centered experiences. And in the midst of historic disruption in the hospitality industry, investors have bet big—with a $200mm Series E round—on Sonder's vision for the future of hospitality. Now with guest needs experiencing a paradigm shift in favor of Sonder's model, we're better positioned than ever to fulfill our mission and build the world's largest and most loved hospitality brand.
The Design and Experience group at Sonder are responsible for the strategy and design execution of all elements of a branded guest and staff experience—from the physical (IRL collateral) to the digital (web and app), and inclusive of brand identity and marketing collateral.
A Sonder design contributor must…
- be passionate about people-shaped products (obsessive over ensuring every decision is in service of its user);
- balance attitude and aptitude (no room for egos);
- be a T-shaped contributor (expert in something, curious about everything);
- embrace diversity (Democratizing travel demands designing with and for the many, not the few);
- be comfortable being uncomfortable (making meaningful progress is usually messy and nonlinear; embrace the ambiguity).
The Product/UX design team (within the Design and Experience group) focuses on designing digital products that shape our guest experiences as they plan, book, arrive and stay in their Sonder. Across our various users (guests, housekeepers, hospitality agents, and more) we advocate to be human-centered, ensuring their needs and behaviors drive key decision making.
At Sonder you will:
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Sonder.com team. This team experiments across the guest experience with the goal of helping people effectively find their perfect Sonder. You’ll be responsible for the design solutions to drive booking conversion as well as creating long term customer value and loyalty with existing users.
You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, Revenue and Creative stakeholders through the business to understand areas of opportunity. This team values experimentation, designing for impact at the intersection of user and business goals, and thinking of how to balance long term thinking with a phased approach to building products.
What we look for:
- 4+ years of experience in product design
- Experience creating concepts to pixel perfect deliverables with a deeply collaborative and iterative approach to product design
- Ability to formulate strong points of view balancing business needs, data metrics, and the user’s experience
- Solid understanding of usability testing and how to use both qualitative and quantitative data to inform your designs
- Knowing when to apply the appropriate level of fidelity to your work, being conscious of deadlines & deliverables to communicate your solution
- Experience in building element-based UI design library and style guides
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Bring a flexible mindset to work every day; jump in on whatever task the team needs to drive growth with speed and thoughtfulness
- Portfolio showcasing examples of design work, preferably Growth related
- Experience on desktop is a must (mobile is a plus)
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
We’re excited to hear from you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈