Senior Product Designer
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
We’re looking for a UX designer to work with us on our personal performance analytics tool for League of Legends players. You’ll have the chance to work on a tool that’s the first of its kind and in a booming industry that’s been growing exponentially for years.
This means the chance to improve the gaming experience of your fellow summoners all over the world, working alongside video game enthusiasts like yourself. The aim of our company is to build powerful tools that enable all players to step up their game and present their best self to the community they play in, AND of course, we want it to be a fun journey…
That’s where you come in! As a UX designer, we want you to design the interface that our players see and interact with every day. Players need to fall in love with our tool as soon as they start using it, and your aesthetic sense is what will seduce them. In fact, they need to love using it so much that they reach a point they won't be able to live without it! League of Legends is where we are starting, but if you love all sorts of games and find yourself thinking about tools you could create for them, you are definitely in the right place with us.
We have a highly transparent work philosophy for everything from workflow to salary. The team is distributed all over the world, so where you want to pitch up in a hammock in Thailand, work from your mother’s basement in Michigan or anything in between doesn’t matter. Your love for League and video games, your attention to detail, and love for user experience does.
- We want you to lead the design of the product and make sure that our app is beautiful and easy to use.
- We want you to think and design as an end user. To do that, you have to understand the nature of our users and be one of them. That means you should probably play a lot of games…competitively...
- You should be familiar with the design process of a new app or feature.
- Be self-reliant enough to carry the whole team through the process. Start with user stories, sketches, and prototypes. Finish with the design of the interfaces and user testing.
- You should be able to take broad concepts or ideas and turn them into valuable features for our users.
- Understand business needs and connect them with design decisions that can be articulated in individual or group settings.
- Partner with engineers, product managers, and data scientists to oversee the user experience of a product from concept to launch — and then continue to improve it.
- Bonus points for:
- Experience in designing Dashboards for SaaS products.
- Experience in designing complex interfaces and making them easy to understand.
- Fostering a culture of design.
- Plays the games with some measure of desire to improve.
- Of course, we want you to be someone who plays the games we create our tools around. Playing them may be enough, but to communicate to players effectively you must have some sort of latent desire to improve…No we don’t care if you are Bronze or Diamond.
- Self-initiated, fast learner with a positive attitude.
- We don’t want to tell you what to do all the time. Hopefully, you will tell us what we need to be doing. We want “can do” people, not “can’t do” people. In our experience, passion breeds enthusiasm, which breeds a strong desire to learn. That’s why we want to know you care.
- Strong sense of team spirit thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Think of our team as a ranked team, we strive for excellence and don’t waste each other's time with BS. We all support each other, but that also means being good critics. Be able to take criticism! That is the only real path to improvement!
- Excellent attention to detail, quality of work and time management.
- Be proud of your work, not for our sake, but for yours. We will be proud too! Working hard is important, but being efficient is more important, so using your time wisely is paramount to successful projects.
If you love games and have a strong desire to create beautiful products for a passionate community of competitive gamers, this is the place for you. We really want to help players be their best self when playing with others around the world, and you should help us create that environment.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈