Senior Mobile Designer
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
This is a remote position.
This position will be open and accepting applications until 5 PM EST on September 15, 2020.
Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Designer with experience in creating well-crafted, user-centered native mobile applications for both iOS and Android.
- You will be a co-equal partner on a team committed to using research, design, and engineering to deliver well-rounded applications and services.
- You will influence Ad Hoc programs, your assigned work, and project teammates.
- You will work with our government partners to better understand and translate policy and business requirements into good design
- Your work will impact the lives of millions of people.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll create:
- Discovery artifacts
- Sketches and prototypes
- UX flows
- Contribute to existing design standards, pattern libraries and brand guidelines
- Support product managers defining inclusive, accessible product requirements
- You will be part of a team that will assist with design team recruiting
- Work on business development materials for Ad Hoc
What You’ll Bring
- A broad understanding of the user interface guidelines for both iOS and Android, and experience implementing cross platform designs align well with their respective design standards
- An understanding of how cross-platform mobile frameworks can be implemented effectively to support application design, and their shortcomings.
- Skill in presenting work to others and prompting useful feedback
- Comfort with the basic principles of design and common tools tools
- Collaborative work style and comfort working with product and engineering peers
- Experience responding to feedback and mentorship
- Discovery and research: Aligning discovery process with goals
- Systems level thinking, and the ability to work within constraints
- An accessibility mindset
- Company-subsidized health, dental, and vision Insurance
- Use What You need vacation policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈