1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Hello! We’re Clique Studios, a digital design and experience agency. We empower ambitious organizations to turn constraints into creativity, speed up their decision making, and build something impactful today with a proactive plan for tomorrow.
We’re looking for a Senior Designer to join our team and play an important role in our growth (and that of our clients) at a time of change. In this role, you will lead the design of projects for leading organizations like Red Rocks, Northwestern University, Lincoln Park Zoo, McDonalds, USA Volleyball, Apollo Theater, and many others.
- Core skills
- Demonstrate the ability to meet client requirements, problem-solve, and showcase creativity
- Have full ownership of your designs, from concept to launch
- Demonstrate the ability to work on a wide variety of projects, from branding marketing sites to prototyping complex dashboards and apps
- Manage and prioritize work, hit deadlines, and communicate changes effectively
- Demonstrate an eagerness to receive feedback (internal and external) and generate multiple design explorations
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with multidisciplinary teams
- Work as a design consultant in the planning stages of new projects
- Mentor junior to mid-level designers
- Give constructive feedback in internal design reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, workshops, internal initiatives and events
- Identify and work towards internal quarterly goals
- Craft skills
- Produce mood boards, wireframes, desktop and responsive design mockups, and style guides
- Write thorough documentation of your work, describing the concept, sharing rationale and functionality
- Demonstrate expertise in prototyping tools, such as Sketch and Invision, or an equivalent
- Demonstrate an ability to photo edit and create icons
- Video editing, illustration and animation skills are a plus!
- A strong portfolio of digital design and brand work
- 3+ years of digital design experience
- Strong understanding of design strategy, sitemaps, mood boards, brainstorms, wireframes, visual design, responsive, typography, layout, QA, UX/UI, style guides, branding, design critiques
- Exceptional ability to present work and speak professionally in internal and client presentations
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with multidisciplinary teams
You Might Be The Right Person If:
- You love the art and science of digital design—to own your projects from start to finish and mentoring others on theirs.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with a wide variety of work.
- You face problems head-on and view them as opportunities.
- You are self-motivated and want to build something.
- You are driven by a desire to make the jobs of those around you easier and to lead with positivity.
- You consider yourself a teacher of your craft and an ever-learning student.
Clique Studios is a digital design and experience agency. We empower ambitious organizations to turn constraints into creativity, speed up their decision making, and build something impactful today with a proactive plan for tomorrow. We partner with leading civic organizations like Lincoln Park Zoo and Red Rocks, international Fortune 500 companies like McDonalds, universities like Northwestern, nonprofits like United Way, funded startups like SendGrid, and a host of other industries.
This is a national, remote posting. Moving forward: our HQ is in Chicago, but we have another studio in Denver, we’re starting one in Austin, and have people working remotely throughout the country. (A note to ATX applicants in the name of expectation-setting: you’d be helping us get a new studio off the ground, and all that comes with that). We all expect to work remotely for a while.
Culture & Growth
- Read the letter on our Careers page to get a good sense of what we believe
- We are driven by our team-sourced and supported values: Build Something, Be a Student and a Teacher, and Make Somebody's Job Easier
- Read our full inclusion statement and our commitment to accessibility
- Proactive review every 6 months to check-in on performance goals, alignment with values, and your current level of engagement with your work
- Access to educational training and mentoring opportunities through Clique U + stipend for external training
- Time off for volunteering
- Regular team activities and outings
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 14 days PTO, 21 days PTO after three years
- 13 holidays (including a week at the end of the year, plus two floating holidays)
- 6 sick days, paid sick and COVID-19 leave, plus unlimited work from home for personal and family illness
- Paid parental leave
- Ability to work at our different studio locations (Chicago, Denver, Austin)
- 401k with match after 1 year
If you need an accommodation to be successful in our hiring process, please email us.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈