Product Designer UX
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Science 37 is accelerating the research and development of breakthrough biomedical treatments by bringing clinical trials to patients' homes. Backed by venture investors such as Glynn Capital, Google Ventures, Redmile Group, dRx Capital and Lux Capital, we are revolutionizing the clinical trial industry one patient at a time.
We’re looking for a razor sharp Product Designer UX to drive creative problem solving and product definition that keeps our users at the center. We are seeking an expert with a proven record of delivering elegant solutions that address users’ most challenging business problems and take advantage of product opportunities.
Product Designer UX responsibility is ensuring we’re articulating and solving for the highest priority pain points for users, prototyping and iterating on solutions, and committing to logical product flows and experiences. We expect user research to be a core part of your process, including in-person user interviews, usability tests and requirements gathering with our users. This is a highly cross-functional role, where you will work with other designers, product managers, developers and high-profile business stakeholders to problem solve from a user-centered perspective.
As a person, you are creative, curious and open to honest conversations. You are comfortable working in the abstract and ambiguous, and finding concrete deliverables. You are a self-starter and take initiative to help define and bring to Science 37 best practices in user-centered design.
NOTE: You must include a link to your portfolio with your application to be considered for this opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
- Be a design architect – lead the design process for your team, from problem definition to design implementation. Translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Lead lean UX activities in an agile environment, including user/design research. Analyze and synthesize findings; distill complexity in the user’s experiences and identify which problems to solve. Translate takeaways into effective user experiences.
- Product design ownership – shape and communicate a compelling long-term design strategy and vision for your product area
- Provide information verbally and visually through low and mid-fidelity renderings and clickable prototypes. Work with other designers and developers to bring concepts to life
- Deliverables include: research insights, prototypes, wireframes, user stories, user journeys and mockups for new products or product enhancements
- Collaborate cross-functionally, especially with product management, engineering, and other business partners to drive a smooth product development process
- Strong and relentless advocate for the user and for user-center desig
- 5+ years experience as a product designer, with primary experience in UX design
- Portfolio including user-centered design skills, visualizations of complex experiences such as flows, scenarios, personas, etc., sketches to mid-fidelity interactions and clickable prototypes
- Bachelor’s Degree in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science or related discipline a strong plus
Skills and Competencies
- Strong communication skills to engage with internal and external partners. Demonstrate an ability to articulate the value of design to these partners
- Expertise in standard product design software such as Sketch, Abstract, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, and the like is a must. You are also up to date with the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Experience using design systems in a product design-oriented environment
- Ability to work with stakeholders/clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet needs and vision
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and an especially deep understanding of web-based design
- A solid understanding of user-centered design thinking, planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping
- Strong visual design skills are a plus
The incumbent reports directly to Vice President of Product Strategy.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈