Product Designer, Pricing and Monetization
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is developing a pricing and market design function and is looking for an experienced Lead Designer to build out Talent Ads from scratch and lead price implementation and the adoption of online subscriptions and other paid features. As a Lead Product Designer on our team, you will drive innovative experiences for one of our company’s top strategic pillars! You will be empowered by a strong design culture to design products and features that help millions of users collaborate with distributed teams.
We’re a highly motivated and collaborative team passionate about building innovative and quality experiences that deliver value for our users and our business. In our agile squads, makers are given the autonomy to lead. Designers partner directly with product management and engineering to define the hypotheses, nail down requirements, and arrive at quality solutions. We move quickly and ship experiments regularly.
- Lead-level skills visual design and prototyping tools. We use Figma.
- You will lead the design strategy of our pricing and monetization team
- Drive an innovative and entrepreneurial culture by delivering thoughtful, explorative MVPs designed to learn from and iterate with
- Crafting responsive web experiences that expertly connect art and copy into a single, compelling, user-centered narrative with nuance and pop that drives action.
- Demonstrate high quality design practices. This includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, information architecture, and visual execution
- Build a variety of design assets to communicate your concepts to a broad range of partners and end users; ranging from strategy and experience concepts to detailed design systems and assets
- Collaborate with product, services, engineering, and operations partners; produce design solutions, and adapt your designs to emerging constraints
- Multitask and lead multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Mentor junior designers on the team; lead small teams of designers when needed
- Be a subject matter authority in the area of UX/UI design for super-user personas
- Experience with pricing or monetization. Able to blend monetization efforts with marketplace design and customer experience. Not afraid to institute pricing controls and is savvy about how to accomplish it. (No one likes to pay money, but if we see the value that resonates with us, we will)
- Resilient, driven problem solver. Risk-loving nature, innovative thinking, and thick skin. Ability to adapt and iterate quickly as the team learns. Willing to present and defend ideas people disagree with. Able to take feedback in stride.
- Strong communicator. Able to present a point of view to executives and be able to hold their own in discussions. Once a decision is made, to execute on the chosen direction in the best way possible.
- Systems problem solver. Baseline understanding of the complexities of marketplace design where solving for an individual may be the detriment of the whole. Ex: dynamics of availability. If 1 freelancer is winning too much, others will lose out. When we help others, the original freelancer will lose. If you focus on the individual you miss the larger system at play and what may work best overall for our customers!
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈