Product Designer - Platforms
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork creates economic opportunities so that people have better lives. Globally, companies are re-evaluating how, with whom, and where they stage their workforce and Upwork is uniquely positioned to help them do that. To help create those connections, we're looking for a Product Designer who is enthusiastic about solving complex problems with the user at their heart. You will help users find the best matches for their needs, collaborating closely with product and engineering to build high-quality and easy-to-use products that help our users achieve their goals and take their businesses to the next level. Working with our cross-functional team, you’ll dig into user challenges, define mental models and uncover ways to provide flexible and powerful user experiences.
This role requires curiosity, critical thinking, an ability to think abstractly and a thoughtful approach to problem solving.
- Collaborate with user researchers, product managers, developers, data scientists, analysts, and other designers to frame user problems and take ideas from ideation through implementation
- Balance advocacy for our users with business needs
- Be accountable for high-quality design practices. Ensure decisions are made with appropriate data and user insights and follow existing UX/UI systems, while making well-informed decisions to create new patterns when needed
- Lead projects through an end-to-end design process: research, concepting, strategy, information architecture, interaction design, launch and testing
- Build a variety of design artifacts to communicate your concepts to a broad range of partners and end users
- Work closely with developers to deliver a final product you’re proud of
- You have a portfolio that highlights projects where you owned the complete UX design and development lifecycle of a desktop or mobile application
- Must be self-motivated, excellent communicator
- You can speak to specific techniques you use to build close relationships in a remote work environment
- Balance creating great design in a fast-paced environment
- Able to successfully lead all aspects of a project from start to finish
- You can demonstrate how you’ve used data to design better solutions
- ***Portfolio is required***
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈