4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
DUST Identity is looking for a Product Designer to join our team in Framingham, MA.
DUST Identity is a physical object security solution that uses nanodiamonds to securely tag physical objects so they are uniquely identifiable. Think of a barcode, but invisible and unfalsifiable. With DUST, customers can ensure that every physical object — whether an airplane part, microprocessor, or priceless artifact — is genuine.
DUST aims to become the industry standard for physical object identification and security.
As a Product Designer, you will be a key member of our growing design team. You will help define, ideate, and prototype functionality for our software platforms. You will work closely with the design, development, and product teams to help with the delivery of new features. A candidate must have demonstrated previous experience designing SaaS products on both web and mobile devices.
Alongside the day-to-day work, you will be a key part of a growing team and company culture from an early stage.
What You'll Do
- Partner with product, design, engineers, and SMEs to take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful experiences.
- Elevate the product experience by designing interfaces that are simple, effective, and elegant.
- Assist with identifying user needs and framing problems into opportunities.
- Create flows, screen designs, build prototypes, test hypothesis's, and document detailed interaction for UI specs.
- Clearly communicate how solutions tie to business goals, user needs, and technical constraints through effective storytelling.
- Organize and communicate actively with stakeholders to resolve issues and deliver project objectives on-time.
- Gather and provide feedback to our design team in effort to raise our bar for quality.
- Grow your professional career with a willingness to learn and find mentors within a team of diverse skillsets and expertise.
What You Bring
- Minimum of 2 years of product design experience with a track record of proven success.
- Deep understanding of common and uncommon UI patterns.
- Experience working closely with engineering teams across the entire product lifecycle and releases.
- Experience handing off designs to developers effectively.
- Ability to understand users problems and how to reframe problems into solutions.
- Have contributed or led team collaboration sessions or design workshops.
- Must have deep experience with Figma, Sketch, XD or similar tools and be very comfortable creating components/symbols/etc.
- Some experience with animation in Principle, Flinto, AE or similar tools is desired.
- Bonus if you have illustration skills.
- Creativity, ingenuity, and a desire to solve hard problems.
Our Design Stack
- Invision, Principle, Flinto, AE
- Many growing collaboration tools
Please include a cover letter with link to portfolio/work samples.
Start Date: Immediately; Must be authorized to work in the United States
Location: Remote, US
Compensation: Market Competitive + Equity
Note: Due to the nature of the projects involving the US government, only permanent residents or citizens of the US are eligible to apply.
DUST Identity is an equal opportunity employer.
- Working on a product that matters
- Commercializing technology (quantum and blockchain)
- Flex work locations can be accommodated for certain roles
- An abundance of snacks/coffee
- Medical and dental insurance
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Vision insurance
- Casual dress
- Reverse commute with plenty of parking
- 10-minute walk from the train station
At DUST Identity, we place the utmost importance on the health and safety of our team and our community. To do our part in limiting the spread, all team members that are able to work remotely during this time are doing so. We are sensitive to the individual concerns of each team member and continue to reassess as more information and guidelines are released by the community.
While we hope that the DUST team will eventually return to in-person work, we will remain remote for the foreseeable future.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈