1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Life360 brings families closer with smart tools designed to protect and connect the people who matter most.
Known for its leading solutions for modern family challenges, Life360 recently launched the first-ever family safety membership with comprehensive services designed for every family milestone and life stage. Life360 is used by nearly 1 in 10 US families (who use Life360 an average of 10 times a day!) and reached #1 in Apple's US App Store's list of free social networking apps. Unrivaled growth in the family tech space has positioned Life360 as the largest mobile service for families in the world with over 25 million active users in over 140 countries as of September 2020.
This reach gives us the opportunity to do unprecedented good for families through our valued core offerings across our free and paid plans: advanced location sharing, private messaging, driver monitoring, help alerts, 24/7 roadside assistance, and Crash Detection with emergency response. On average we respond to 1,000 roadside assists and dispatch 200+ ambulances each month to those in need.
Offerings include both free and paid memberships. In addition, the company has raised over $200 million in equity financing, and recently completed an IPO on the ASX exchange — giving our employees the liquidity of a public company with the upside of a private growth stage business.
Life360’s rapidly growing team of 200+ employees is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Diego, and Las Vegas.
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate Product Designer to join the Life360 team. This individual will help evolve and elevate the Life360 product to create experiences that are user-friendly, delightful, and scalable for our users.
- Lead squad-driven design initiatives by working closely with engineers and product managers to build experiences that keep our customers highly engaged, fully informed, and constantly delighted
- Apply a design-led efforts to provide end-to-end solution through sprints (rapid 2-6 week projects)
- Partner with Product Managers, Product Marketing Managers and Engineers within the respective Squad to design solutions and produce flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals
- Contribute to building the Life360 UI KIT and Design Systems guidelines that scale across Life360’s app ecosystem
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmaps through user research and design explorations
- Work closely with the rest of the design team to streamline the design process and prioritize and guide new projects based on company goals and business objectives
- Bring empathy, enthusiasm, and motivation to every interaction
- Regularly present your work to senior leaders for review and feedback
- A portfolio that demonstrates end-to-end design work
- Relevant 5+ years of experience in the product design field
- Previous experience in launching successful product
- Strong visual design and prototyping skills
- Exceptional interaction and visual design skills with eye for scalability, localization and motion
- Previous experience with UI Kit and Design System
- Formal degree in Design or related field
- Expertise with UX tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud, Principle or other prototyping tools
- Holistic understanding of iOS and Android Design patterns
- A portfolio that demonstrates end-to-end design work
- Experience collaborating with product managers and engineers
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent communication skills—you’re comfortable sharing conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- A positive attitude is a must—we welcome healthy discussion and debate, and ultimately put ideas ahead of egos
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Flexible PTO and 12 company wide days off throughout the year
- Learning & Development programs
- Whatever makes you stronger makes us stronger. We provide equipment, tools & reimbursement support to engage a productive remote-first team
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your family circle
All open positions, unless specified as location specific, are remote opportunities and, when returning to our offices is possible, team members may elect to take advantage of the following (or continue to choose to remain remote!):
- A great office with plenty of light in the heart of the SOMA district in beautiful San Francisco; a 5 minute walk to CalTrain & BART
- An amazing office location within walking distance to the beach in San Diego (Encinitas)
- In person team building activities, celebratory company outings and fun events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Life360. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. We believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈