3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
About this role:
WayBetter is looking for a Product Designer to partner with Product Managers and Engineers on multiple high priority, strategic initiatives across the company. From user acquisition and onboarding to ensuring that we provide our players with fun, motivating experiences across our games, this highly visible role will have an impact from day one.
The products you design will be used by hundreds of thousands of people, and you'll know that you're contributing to improving lives by helping players develop healthier habits. Given the vast audience — and unlimited potential — constant variety in this role is a given! We value drive, talent, and enthusiasm; you'll thrive with the opportunity to make this role your own.
What You'll Do:
- Partner effectively with product management and engineering team members to test new onboarding experiences for our products and to expand on our game experiences.
- Deliver compelling and on-brand product visions, wireframes, prototypes and UI specifications.
- Invent and iterate on visual frameworks and design patterns based on product needs and brand guidelines.
- Advance a strong point of view, supported by customer insights, design standards, and industry trends.
- Be adaptable to change and agile in your approach.
Your Experience Looks Like:
- Experience building world-class consumer mobile apps
- Strong skills in interaction design and information architecture
- Ability to utilize research, usability tests, and data to inform design decisions
- Good eye for typography, color, and spacing
- Great self-management, organizational, and multitasking skills
- Ability to communicate across teams and with non-designers
- Expertise conveying ideas and concepts through writing, storyboarding, wireframing, and prototyping
- Collaborating with dev teams to determine technical feasibility and ensure that shipping products are high quality
- Knowledge of how web and mobile applications work and are built
- Proficiency in Sketch is ideal, though we will consider people who have a mastery of other tools
- Ability to identify and empathize with users with varying backgrounds and needs
- Performing user research and user testing
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop a plus
- Past experience working on a subscription product is a plus
Why work at WayBetter?
We believe that fun and social support are the keys to sustainable success. As such we care deeply about our culture and practice what we preach by fostering a work environment that's fun, social, and rewarding. Of our 40 employees, more than half have been hired from our customer base.
Of course we offer health insurance, a 401(k), remote-work flexibility, competitive cash compensation, and meaningful equity participation. But the reason we all love working at WayBetter is because of our commitment to improving people's lives. We do this in a unique way-by motivating customers to make positive changes as part of a supportive community with expert guidance. At WayBetter, we're all together better.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈